Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Global report suite

Level 6

I have 2 proprieties setup in my DTM and if I want a global report suite to have data from both properties, could I create a global report suite and add to both properties and add another report suite just for each property. If I setup like this way, will this global suite be different from the rollup suite? for example, will it be able to dedup  when it count the unique visitor?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

A global report suite is the same as a standard report suite, technically. The only difference is that you're telling it to collect data from multiple domains.

In Analytics, create a report suite and put 'global' somewhere in the name. Then in each of your respective DTM implementations, add that global report suite to the list of RSID's it should send data to.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Yes, DTM can handle as many report suites as you'd like for each property for both staging and production.

As for the difference in Roll up vs Global Report suite I'll let Gigazelle​ answer that..

Employee Advisor

We have an article that explains the differences in detail here:

Rollup and Global Report Suites

Level 6

Gigazelle,

I read that paper. I know I want to implement global report suite. In that paper, I noticed that I will need : global report suites require an additional report suite ID be placed in the s_code.js file.

The thing is, I can not find any instruction on how to do this. That's the reason I am thinking maybe just create a report suite and call it global and put it into both properties. I am not sure this will be a true global report suite or more a roll up suite?

If you know any video / document show me how to create a global report suite, how to update the s_code, please let me know. I would like to try.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

A global report suite is the same as a standard report suite, technically. The only difference is that you're telling it to collect data from multiple domains.

In Analytics, create a report suite and put 'global' somewhere in the name. Then in each of your respective DTM implementations, add that global report suite to the list of RSID's it should send data to.

Level 6

To be easy, for example, I have property1 and property2 created in DTM. From the analytic side, I should create report suite1 for property1 and report suite2 for property2 and a global suite.

in the DTM, put both global suite and report suite1 in property1. put global suite and report suite2 in property2.

Is this correct? Then Global suite will recieve data from both properties. If this is correct, I am wondering what's the difference between this global suite and a roll up suite I create in analytic side. I don't want to use rollup suite, only because it can not dedup. it is a simple add up. I just want to make sure, if I implement in this way, I will get dedup data in this global suite ( like unique visitor )

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Yes, that's correct.

The difference between rollups and global report suites is that rollups pretty much only sum totals together, while global report suites treat it as a holistic data set. Additional details are found in the prior linked article.

Level 6

Gigazelle,

I still need to clarify one thing, if I just simply add global report suite into all the properties,not changing the s.count value etc, I am pretty sure all the data from all the properties will write to global suite. But will this global suite is the real global suite which can have the feature like dedup?