Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tackling unspecified results in reporting

Level 3

We currently have an implementation that leverages the document.referrer to populate the previous page for conversion attribution, however, a high percentage is coming in as unspecified.  My guess is that document.referrer is not always trigger on the conversion event so we need to tweak the way we capture the variable.  Any thoughts on how we can improve the data layer to be more accurate?  Or if there is a better execution?

-Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi roberty10279373​,

In no ideal scenario the document.referer could be blank if your page is referenced from any other page. If you see high percentage of referrer is coming as unspecified, there could be issues with the page order (when is it being set) and hence I would suggest a review by UI implementation team.

You can also get a ticket opened with Adobe ClientCare team with help of Supported users in your organization to get this reviewed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi roberty10279373​,

In no ideal scenario the document.referer could be blank if your page is referenced from any other page. If you see high percentage of referrer is coming as unspecified, there could be issues with the page order (when is it being set) and hence I would suggest a review by UI implementation team.

You can also get a ticket opened with Adobe ClientCare team with help of Supported users in your organization to get this reviewed.