Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Engagement metrics for blogs

Level 1

Good morning,

I am trying to obtain data on blog metrics, namely the number of engagements obtained - ie, number of shares, tweets and posts. I am personally new to the platform so I am not aware if this is a feature that used to work – however, when trying to obtain engagement figures for our Cisco blogs, it displays a 0% value over the course of a year. The option I am using is Report> Pages> blogs> Metrics / advance metrics> Engagement/ Engagement score.

Is it possible to get these figures at all or is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks, 

Ana 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ana,

Adobe Analytics can be completely customized to your business. To deconstruct how this is currently working this is what I would do:

1. Go to the website (in this case blogs.cisco.com/sp)

2. Open the Adobe Debugger (or your preferred method of debugging, more info here)

3. Test the feature you are trying to track in Analytics (in this case, I clicked on the Facebook share icon)

4. In the debugger I didn't see anything fire when I clicked on the share button. It looks like you aren't manually tracking it (as far as I can tell).

I would reach out to your developers and ask to add tracking to those buttons. If you were using Dynamic Tag Manager, you could add an event based rule to track that, but DTM isn't enabled on the site. More information on DTM available here. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Best,

Tacia

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ana, 

Thanks for reaching out to DTM Community . 

Are you implementating Analytics of your Blog through legacy Adobe Analytics Implementation or through DTM ? . Also, Can you please share your the Link to your blog so that we can debug the issue from our end.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Parit,

I believe it is actually the Adobe Analytics Implementation. The blog I am trying to report on is Cisco Service Provider's, located in the link that follows. 

blogs.cisco.com/sp

Thank you, 

Ana 

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Ana,

Adobe Analytics can be completely customized to your business. To deconstruct how this is currently working this is what I would do:

1. Go to the website (in this case blogs.cisco.com/sp)

2. Open the Adobe Debugger (or your preferred method of debugging, more info here)

3. Test the feature you are trying to track in Analytics (in this case, I clicked on the Facebook share icon)

4. In the debugger I didn't see anything fire when I clicked on the share button. It looks like you aren't manually tracking it (as far as I can tell).

I would reach out to your developers and ask to add tracking to those buttons. If you were using Dynamic Tag Manager, you could add an event based rule to track that, but DTM isn't enabled on the site. More information on DTM available here. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Best,

Tacia