Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Metrics by User ID

Level 2

Hello,

While (still) in DTM, I'm trying to filter our metrics by the Account Name and Account Number associated with each visitor.  After a visitor logs into their account, their Name and Number are listed at the top of the page.  Is there a way to see page views, downloads, etc by each Account Name &/or Number? 

1833901_pastedImage_0.png

I could be very wrong, which is why I'm asking in the first place.. but I started by creating a data element for Account Name for the JS Object 'account-name'

1834001_pastedImage_2.png

From there, I created a page load rule with an 'Account Name' evar added under the Adobe section. 

1834002_pastedImage_4.png

Any feedback would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Robert,

To reference a data element you need to wrap it in % symbols, so in your example you would put in %Distributor Portal Account Name%.

Check out this Doc, it should auto populate from the list of data elements that are in the system: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/dtm/using/resources/data-elements.html

I hope that helps,

Seth

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Robert W.

It really depends, capturing in DTM doesn't really do you any good unless you pass that into a tool that can capture and report on the values like Adobe Analytics to Google Analytics etc.  If you are setting like an Adobe Analytics eVar to these data elements then yes you could run Adobe Analytics reports on the values.  But unless they are being recorded in some tool somewhere you won't be able to see anything.

I hope that helps,

Seth

Level 2

Hi Seth,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, we are using Adobe Analytics.  Do you know if that setup would work correctly?  If I create a data element for each value, then assign that to an evar within a page load rule?

Employee

Hi Robert,

Yep, that's exactly what you would want to do.  You could to it in the extension as a global variable, aka choose two evar and set them to the data elements grabbing the values.  Or do it form within the rule itself.  (Rule is more localized if you don't want it on everything including links etc.)

Then you need to enable the evars and name them appropriately in the Analytics Admin Console for the report suite you're sending the data to.

Then they will start showing up.

Thanks,

Seth

Level 2

Sorry for all the questions!  (I'm an analyst that has to take on implementation work as well)

In regards to setting up the data element and page load rule, I have the following:

1. Data Element

The path name for the data element is account-name. 

1834108_pastedImage_2.png

and 2. Page Load Rule

Next, the page load rule says to find the Account Name data element, and tie that into the Account Name evar.

1834107_pastedImage_1.png

Do you know if this should work?  Am I missing anything for either the data element or page load rule?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Robert,

To reference a data element you need to wrap it in % symbols, so in your example you would put in %Distributor Portal Account Name%.

Check out this Doc, it should auto populate from the list of data elements that are in the system: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/dtm/using/resources/data-elements.html

I hope that helps,

Seth