Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM tracking internal link as exit link

Level 3

Hi, 

I am using DTM to track exit links and I have "Track Outbound LInks" checked in the Link Tracking tab and also added my site.org in the "Never Track" box. In the dtm documentation it says to add # to the domain url which i did. i.e.I added my.site.com/# but i can see these Internal Links captured in the Exit Links Report. Do I remove the # or what do I need to do to stop this happening?

I don't have any Link Tracking code in my s_code Library so that rules out any conflict.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi , 

If you have enabled Link Tracking checkbox in DTM and added your domain to the Never Track box it would work. No need to specify it in s_code library. Also , Linktracking option from UI takes precedence meaning even if this S.linkInternalfilters  is defined in the code, it will be overwritten by the DTM UI linktracking setting. Its better to set only one thing.

Also ,Please remove  # from the domain url and only add domain my.site.org . "#" should only be used in case of SPA's

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. The exit links report is populated based off of what you have in s.linkInternalFilters. Do you have your domain listed there? More info here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/link_automatic.html

Best,

Tacia

Level 3

Thanks, No I don't have it listed in the s.linkInternalFilters. I thought I wouldn't need the Link Tracking Config in the s_code Library so I commented it out thinking that if I enabled the Link Tracking checkbox in DTM and added my domain to the Never Track box it would work.

So do I uncommented the Link Tracking config and add my domain to the  s.linkInternalFilters.? I ask because am new to DTM.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi , 

If you have enabled Link Tracking checkbox in DTM and added your domain to the Never Track box it would work. No need to specify it in s_code library. Also , Linktracking option from UI takes precedence meaning even if this S.linkInternalfilters  is defined in the code, it will be overwritten by the DTM UI linktracking setting. Its better to set only one thing.

Also ,Please remove  # from the domain url and only add domain my.site.org . "#" should only be used in case of SPA's

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 3

Thanks. Should I leave my Always Track box empty or add the list of urls that I want tracked as exit links?

Level 10

Hi ,

"Always Track Box" is used to specify the link that you always want to track as Exit Link. The use of it depends the implementation use case for you. Please note that "Always Tracks" & "Never track" options are mutually Exclusive.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal