Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM How to: Event Based Rule question

Level 9

I am trying to set up an event based rule for a button click that is detected  as 'SATELLITE: detected tabfocus on #document' by DTM.  Can anyone offer any help?  See more details below.

1.  On click satellite detects (SATELLITE: detected tabfocus on #document)

2. The CSS is 'div.styles_findFriendsButton'

3. I am not sure if this is suppossed to be a click or something else.  When using click, it does not work.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

There is likely an issue with the selector or condition of the rule. Locate the element on your site where the desired event action occurs, right click and select Inspect element. Inspect the highlighted script in the box that opens and ensure that you are targeting the correct element. Example :

Target element: <div class=’Button1’ style=’opacity: 1’>
In this scenario, the selector syntax is set as follows:

CSS Selector Syntax: div.Button1 OR div[class=’Button1’]
Manually assign attributes:
Element Tag: div, Property: class, Value: Button1

Also, Please refer the following documentation troubleshooting any rules issue : https://helpx.adobe.com/dtm/kb/Troubleshooting_Rule_Issues.html

Please do let us know if the problem still persists.

Thanks & Regards

Parit  Mittal

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ,

There is likely an issue with the selector or condition of the rule. Locate the element on your site where the desired event action occurs, right click and select Inspect element. Inspect the highlighted script in the box that opens and ensure that you are targeting the correct element. Example :

Target element: <div class=’Button1’ style=’opacity: 1’>
In this scenario, the selector syntax is set as follows:

CSS Selector Syntax: div.Button1 OR div[class=’Button1’]
Manually assign attributes:
Element Tag: div, Property: class, Value: Button1

Also, Please refer the following documentation troubleshooting any rules issue : https://helpx.adobe.com/dtm/kb/Troubleshooting_Rule_Issues.html

Please do let us know if the problem still persists.

Thanks & Regards

Parit  Mittal

Level 10

Hi Michael,

Did Parit's reply answer your question? If so, can we mark his answer correct?

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 1

I'm having this same problem. The site I am working on has an iFrame but when I go to click on the footer links they are only registering in the console as (SATELLITE: detected tabfocus on #document) or (SATELLITE: detected tabblur on #document), they do not register as a click event. I don't want to tag the event with a tab focus/blur. Is there another way to find the click or another event type that can be used?

Thanks,

Elisa

Level 2

Hi -- did you ever figure out an answer to your above question? I am having the same issue trying to track link clicks, but SATELLITE is only recognizing them as tabblur or tabfocus.

Level 10

@Michael,

It looks like we've got a few other community members with a similar problem. It would be great to get a solution if you have one. If your still seeking a solution, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to find an answer.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hi

Have you figured out an answer to your above question? I am having the same issue trying to track link clicks, but SATELLITE is only recognizing them as tabfocus. i am getting below message while clicking on "a" element.

1829910_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Hi Parit,

I am facing the same problem (SATELLITE: detected tabfocus on #document) on link click. i am using custom jquery in third party JS of page load rule. can you please help me to resolve the same.