SOLVED

DTM Cookie Lifetime

Level 5

Hi,

In DTM we have three tools:

- Adobe Analytics

- Marketing Cloud ID Service

- Adobe Target

In the Adobe Analytics tool Cookies section there is a setting for Cookie Lifetime. Ours is set to Default but I can't find any documentation on what this means. The adobe resources pages send me to a URL that results in a 404: (http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/cookielifetime.html)

What does Default mean?

Does this also control the Marketing Cloud ID Service?

Are there any other expiration settings I should be aware of?

Regards,

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ali,

I've notified our documentation team about the broken link. I believe the link is meant to direct you to this page. I believe this setting is mean for the legacy s_vi cookie used with Analytics. Since you've deployed the Marketing Cloud ID Service (MCID), this setting wouldn't be of much use (unless you have grace period turned on still).

The AMCV cookie used in the MCID has an expiration of 2 years. You can view it's documentation here.

Cheers,

Jantzen

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ali,

I've notified our documentation team about the broken link. I believe the link is meant to direct you to this page. I believe this setting is mean for the legacy s_vi cookie used with Analytics. Since you've deployed the Marketing Cloud ID Service (MCID), this setting wouldn't be of much use (unless you have grace period turned on still).

The AMCV cookie used in the MCID has an expiration of 2 years. You can view it's documentation here.

Cheers,

Jantzen

Level 5

Thanks for explanation, Jantzen!