Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

add third party snippet to be activated with query string parameter

Level 3

Would like some help setting up a third party snippet onto our site that execute when it sees a query parameter.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

If you are pasting this into a JavaScript code block, you need to remove the "<script>" references as those are HTML, not JavaScript.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Do you have an example of the code snippet your trying to deploy?

From the information provided, I would recommend setting up a data element to capture the query parameter. I would then setup a page load rule that uses the "Data Element Value" condition. This will result in a page load rule that checks the data element value at the beginning of each page load. If the condition is met, the rule will fire.

You could place the third party code in the "Javascript/Third Party Tags" section of the rule.

Cheers,
Jantzen

Level 3

Here's a copy of the snippet.

<script data-cfasync="false">window.ju_num="7DC7D7B9-A622-4291-B2C2-F3C9B5F68DDF";window.asset_host='//cdn.justuno.com/';(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[r]=i[r]||function(){(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)...',asset_host+'vck.js','juapp');</script>

Per your recommendation, I added the data element and set the parameter name "justuno" and default value "1".  I then went to the conditions and selected the dat element "justuno" and set the value to "1".  I then went javascript / third party tags under non-sequential javascript and added the script but I got his error message. 

Unexpected token < (line: 1, col: 1)

Please advise.

-Robert

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Jantzen.Belliston <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Correct answer by
Level 1

If you are pasting this into a JavaScript code block, you need to remove the "<script>" references as those are HTML, not JavaScript.

Level 10

Hey Robert,

Since your code snippet begins with <script> it's actually an HTML tag that contains javascript. It's a bit confusing but Javascript tags won't have HTML tags (<tag_name>) in them. Try using the HTML section of the third-party code.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 3

Thanks for the response. We discovered this was the issue and was able to

resolve.

-Robert

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 8:05 AM, Jantzen.Belliston <forums_noreply@adobe.com