Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Setting up user groups and project configs/permissions

Level 1

in the Adobe Admin console for the experience cloud I am trying to setup a group of users that I can assign to various projects.  i just need a simple 1 group with read-only access setup.

under "user management" I have created a user group

1226516_pastedImage_4.png

I have read Manage products and configurations and I think the remaining process is to

1) create a new project configuration,

2) assign the user group to this project configuration

3) set permissions on this project configuration

Problems:

1) when i drop down the "groups" dropbox on a new project configuration, I do not see the group (mcom_students) that I created

1226517_pastedImage_5.png

2) i do not see any options or tabs to set permissions on project configuration as outlined in this help document Enterprise Help | Manage product permissions and roles in the Admin Console

1226497_pastedImage_3.png

how does one go about setting permissions for groups and products?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You would need to create the product configuration and then add the group as a user of the configuration. The "Groups" label on your second screenshot is a bit deceiving. That is pulling a list of the permissions groups that you've set up within the product/solution (Analytics in your case).

If you haven't already seen it, I'd suggest watching the video I put out a few months ago on mapping a product configuration group. It might make things a bit more clear.

How To: Map a Product Configuration Group - YouTube

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Jantzen

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Administrator

Moving this Question to Core Services.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You would need to create the product configuration and then add the group as a user of the configuration. The "Groups" label on your second screenshot is a bit deceiving. That is pulling a list of the permissions groups that you've set up within the product/solution (Analytics in your case).

If you haven't already seen it, I'd suggest watching the video I put out a few months ago on mapping a product configuration group. It might make things a bit more clear.

How To: Map a Product Configuration Group - YouTube

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Jantzen