Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

In-app message list from context data

Level 2

Hi there,

is there a way to load in the Trigger fileld, as you can see in the screenshot below, a list of context data key?

For example in my company context data contains an unique number that identify the customer and i need to send an in-app to a thousand of those customer and the only way i found is to put directly in that field is one by one.

Am i doing it wrong?

trigger.PNG

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There isn't a way to do what you have asked. However, they may be another option to accomplish the same result. Can you give me some more details around the use case?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

There isn't a way to do what you have asked. However, they may be another option to accomplish the same result. Can you give me some more details around the use case?

Level 2

We have the need to send in app messages segmented by a custom variable. To be more detailed, the variable is tracked as an evar - Customer ID - which is our customer's account number.  We have to show the in app message to 4.000 different customer IDs but we don't know how to populate the value field with a list of numbers (unless writing each account number one by one)

Level 10

Are you trying to send the same in app message to all users that have a account number set (eVar contains a value) or are you trying to segment a portion of your customer base and send a specific message? If the latter, what defines the segmented portion of the customer base?

Level 2

I'm trying to send the same in app message to a multiple and specified account number. By the way you can't use an analytics segment in the in app message configuration but only in the push. Am i right?

Level 10

Thanks for the additional information. If you are trying to send the in app message to multiple but not all account numbers, you'd need to have some way of automatically segmenting them (ie gold status or another condition). I think you could then use something like Audiences or Customer Attributes to create a segment that could be targeted. I don't believe there is a way to simply import a list of customer account numbers.

You are correct, I checked with one of our mobile experts and in-app messages are all client side so segments and audiences wouldn't work.

Level 2

Our need is to communicate to some of our account numbers, as you said, it’s impossible to use segments for in app-messages as in app messages client side, but maybe we can try sending them a push (which are not client side). At this point my new question is how can I import a list of customer account numbers in the analytics segment builder to use it with the push message configuration in mobile services? And also is it possible to trigger an in-app message from a push? I mean trigger an in-app only for the customer coming from a specified push.

Thanks 

Level 10

You could import the account numbers into Analytics via Customer Attributes. I don't believe it's possible to trigger an in app message via push, but i'm not a mobile expert. In app messages can not be triggered by any external data. All data needed for the in app message must already be present.

Here are a few Customer Attributes resources:

Documentation - Customer Attributes

Adobe Blog - Customer Attributes: The More You Know, The Better You Connect | Adobe