Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

While exporting experience fragment from aem to adobe target. Is it physically exported or just a reference of XF is exported to adobe target

Level 1

In one of the use case, we want to export the export experience fragment from AEM to adobe target via IMS config, So is it physically exported to target or it resides in AEM and only reference to it is getting exported?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @tejas18 

My understanding (based on my own experiences) is that once you have built the Experience Fragment (XF) in AEM and click the "Export to Adobe Target" button - the XF will be exported to Target at that point in time.

If you then make further changes to the XF in AEM, these won't be reflected in Target until you click the "Update in Adobe Target" button which will re-sync the latest XF to Target again.

Based on this I assume that the underlying XF code is physically exported to Target rather then just a reference.

Docos: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/experience-f... 

Thanks,
Jacob

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @tejas18 

My understanding (based on my own experiences) is that once you have built the Experience Fragment (XF) in AEM and click the "Export to Adobe Target" button - the XF will be exported to Target at that point in time.

If you then make further changes to the XF in AEM, these won't be reflected in Target until you click the "Update in Adobe Target" button which will re-sync the latest XF to Target again.

Based on this I assume that the underlying XF code is physically exported to Target rather then just a reference.

Docos: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/experience-f... 

Thanks,
Jacob

Employee Advisor

Yes, that's correct, as the XF export ultimately works by utilising on the Target Create/Update Offer APIs