Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Vistor profile persistent issue

Level 3

Hi experts,

I have created audience using vistor profile. Which will get the input from target profile parameters which is passed via launch target page load rule, order of execution are maintained. Even though everything is perfect I'm facing inconsistency in content delivery.
My scenario is to capture audience who is logged in at least one time. If user logged in one time then this profile will be under logged in user. For more some time I got activity working if I refresh activity content not delivering.
I hope problem would be in vistor profile they're not persist users I believe.
Any solution?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Have you used the mBoxtrace debugging method to ensure that the profile parameter is set when a user logs in at least once? Then, when the user comes back, does the profile parameter still exist? 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/activities/troubleshoot-activities/content-troub...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Have you used the mBoxtrace debugging method to ensure that the profile parameter is set when a user logs in at least once? Then, when the user comes back, does the profile parameter still exist? 

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/activities/troubleshoot-activities/content-troub...

Level 3

@zach_shearerAppreciation your response.Visitor

Profile persistent issue - We have found the reason for this issue it's due to unavailability of the data element when target loading a rule to pass parameters. so it was fixed by splitting the rule one by load target and another one is to send Page load request.

But we are facing another issue - We have created orderconfirm mbox to send the order details value to the target.

When we try to execute the orderconfirm mbox code on thankyou page i'm able to see the parameters passed but those parameters are not picked up by profile scripts.

Mbox code used:

adobe.target.trackEvent({

"mbox": "or",

"params": {

"param1": "value1"

} });

Profile script :

if (mbox.name == ‘orderConfirmPage’) {

return (parseInt(mbox.param(‘param1’));

}

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Level 4

@Knowledgeseeker98, I wonder if your profile script could use some slight adjustment. I'm looking at the documentation below. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/profile-parameters.h...

Relevant excerpt: 

if (mbox.name == 'Track_Interest') { 
    if (profile.get('model') == "A5" &&; profile.get('subcat') == "KS6") { 
        return (user.get('A5KS6') || 0) + 1; 
    } 
}

I wonder if you could modify your profile script to be like the following: 

if (mbox.name == ‘orderConfirmPage’) {
return (user.get('Param1'); 
}