Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

visitorAPI.js, appMeasurement.js and at.js upgrade

Level 1

I want to create an A/B test to redirect page URLs in Adobe Target, that use analytics as reporting source.

Currently my website uses the following versions of libraries.

visitorAPI.js - 1.10.0

appMeasurement.js - 1.7.0

at.js - 0.9.3

I would like to know how easy is the upgrade and the steps and/or consequences involved.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

userID75403322​,

That is kind of a trick question. Most of the time if there are no other code dependencies you can just copy and paste the new code for all of the plug-ins. However if you do run into a dependency you weren't aware was there or something breaks it does become something where you wished you had a developer to assist you with it. That is at least my experience with it. That is why I recommend starting with a backup just in case you run into trouble you have what you need to revert your changes. Hope this helps!

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

Hi, Its always a good practice to update your libraries to the newest versions so that you can take advantage of the latest enhancements as well as bug fixes .

If you are using DTM or Launch to manage the libraries then the process is pretty straight forward and you can follow the steps mentioned in the documentation.

If you are using another tag manager or are calling the files directly on the page, then you will need to replace the library versions and follow the guidelines specific to that deployment process you might have.

If you are considering moving to Launch do check this documentation Marketing Cloud Help  .

There are no consequences of updating your libraries bur rather more benefits in being up to date.

Hope this helps.

Employee Advisor

userID75403322​,

The Analytics team clientcare@adobe.com should be able to walk you through how to update to the latest version of the visitor and app countermeasure. The Target team: ttclientcare@adobe.com can walk you through updating to the latest version of at.js.

Here is more detail on how to download the latest version of at.js code (See screenshot below):

1. Log in to Target

2. Go to Setup > Implementation

3. On this page make sure you have at.js selected

4. Click on Download at.js

Notes:

To give you some idea on how many versions behind you are

The latest version of at.js is 1.6.2

The latest version of visitorAPI.js is 3.3.0

The latest version of appMeasurenment.js is 2.10

I'm sure if you were to check on the Analytics forum (Analytics - Questions) they could guide you with similar screenshots on how to get the latest code version for visitorAPI and appMeasurenment.

Hope this helps!

Download at.js:

_1._download_atjs.png

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 1

Thanks Shruthi Naomi for quick reply.

I am using Ensighten to manage the libraries. And this library is used in most of the websites of my organization. So before I proceed with the upgrade, I want to know what is the risks involved (like testing all the analytics events, removing few library functions etc).

Please consider that  I am going to upgrade the latest stable version of libraries and answer the above.

Thanks heaps.

Level 1

Thanks mikewebguy.

I am using Ensighten to manage the libraries. And this library is used in most of the websites of my organization. So before I proceed with the upgrade, I want to know what is the risks involved (like testing all the analytics events, removing few library functions etc).

Please consider that  I am going to upgrade the latest stable version of libraries and answer the above.

Thanks heaps.

Employee Advisor

userID75403322​,

Updating to the latest versions will not remove functionality. However I always recommend first backing up your current set-up and then proceeding. Additionally typically this is something which would be done by a developer.

Hope this help!

Level 1

That really helps mikewebguy.

That all most answers my question. Just confirming, so lots of testing and development effort involved. Is that right?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

userID75403322​,

That is kind of a trick question. Most of the time if there are no other code dependencies you can just copy and paste the new code for all of the plug-ins. However if you do run into a dependency you weren't aware was there or something breaks it does become something where you wished you had a developer to assist you with it. That is at least my experience with it. That is why I recommend starting with a backup just in case you run into trouble you have what you need to revert your changes. Hope this helps!

Level 1

Thanks mikewebguy. That helped a lot. Thanks for the clarification.