Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

View not displaying in Adobe target VEC

Level 2

I am trying to create a flow for SPA where I have triggered view using Launch in one of the flows on website. I can see the delivery call going through in network tab for the specific view(assigned as page name). When I try to open the same flow in Adobe Target, I don't see the view displaying in the VEC.
I tried looking for a solution but was not able to find it. 
Am I missing something here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nitishlamba1

Which at.js version are you using? Maybe try the current version. In the last release note there was also something about the problem https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/release-notes/release-notes.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @nitishlamba1 

This is different scenario however try below option - 

Sometimes VEC on certain browsers, such as Firefox, might block a page from displaying in the VEC if the page contains mixed content (for example, a non-secure page in a secure site). If your page does not display, click the icon next to the URL in the browser address bar and click Disable protection on this page.

For Chrome,  Click on the Lock icon in URL bar -> Site Settings -> Looks for Insecure content and from option just select Allow.  

This issue does not affect the display of your pages to site visitors.

Hopefully this will resolve the issues you're facing. 

Level 2

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal,

Thank you for your reply.

My question is about view name not displaying in VEC gor trigger view.

Seems like, you misunderstood the question and answered about page not displaying at all in VEC.

Both are different things.

Community Advisor

Hi @nitishlamba1 

Apologies, as I misunderstood your question. 

When you say view name not displaying in VEC that means in modification panel is that right? 

So what you're getting over there as CURRENT VIEW : ...... 

Can you try if the view name displayed in console like below 

if (typeof adobe != 'undefined' && adobe.target && typeof adobe.target.triggerView === 'function') {
    adobe.target.triggerView(viewName);
    console.log('AT: View triggered on page load: '+viewName)
  }

Make sure the view name should not start or end with ‘/' or '#' 

Level 2

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal,

I already tried it before posting the issue. adobe.target object is not created at all when I try to opened he page through VEC. But, at the same time, it works fine when the page is opened directly on browser. I have sent the URL to you incase you want to have a look.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nitishlamba1

Which at.js version are you using? Maybe try the current version. In the last release note there was also something about the problem https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/release-notes/release-notes.html

Level 1

If you are able to load the page inside VEC but not the view name. One reason could be : The page on browser and VEC is not loaded on the same environment.

For example - If the view is loaded on dev environment. Make sure Adobe Target environment is set to same by Adobe Experience Platform Debugger.

Changing the script environment by Adobe platform debugger can be done by below steps:

Install  AEP Debugger > Experience Platform Tags > Configuration > Page Embed Codes > Actions > Replace