Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Using query string or tracking code or preferably placement name parameter for Target Experiences

Level 2

We are currently using URL strings to identify paid audiences that we want to test/target within Adobe Target. Is there a way to use placement name instead of the URL to determine the correct addressable audience? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6
I think I need to understand more with what you are working with but if you can fire off an AAM pixel, then technically they will be in that segment. If you have Target and AAM integrated, then you can Target them on the site using the AAM segment. If you fire the pixel though on that same page load you want to see the experience you will need to make another call to Target using getOffer/applyOffer because of the delay.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

@jonesmarketing Are you able to share an example of the URL? If I am understanding correctly, you should create the activity on the url you want and under page delivery setting for the activity add an additional condition like url contains placementID=XYZ.

Here is a quick screen grab of how I set it up.

expleg-img1.png

Level 2

AH stink. Didn't mean to hit correct reply. No, this is not what we are after. This is actually what we are doing now but our media team is honestly struggling with user error on manually providing these and things are falling through the cracks. I'm trying to find way to use Target differently or AAM to identify these groups instead of relying on the URL. My thought was relying on the analytics data layer to provide the information I need to identify groups over using the URL. 

Level 6
Are the Target activities being segmented based on the placement value? If so what kind of taxonomy is used for the value? Perhaps you move the logic into the page prior to calling Target and then passing an mbox parameter with the placement "friendly name".

Level 2

@josejr19Currently we are using a value like s_code=2008001 if possible I would like to just completely avoiding adding this to the URL if at all possible and rely on the marketing tools that the platforms provide ex: pixels, TMM, UTM parameters etc...

This value then feeds into our data layer for analytics and it traced back to a placement name for analysis. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to skip that step in the URL and provide this value maybe from TMM or UTM parameters instead? This manual middle step seems unnecessary in the scheme of things and would love to find a way to skip this error prone method. 

Correct answer by
Level 6
I think I need to understand more with what you are working with but if you can fire off an AAM pixel, then technically they will be in that segment. If you have Target and AAM integrated, then you can Target them on the site using the AAM segment. If you fire the pixel though on that same page load you want to see the experience you will need to make another call to Target using getOffer/applyOffer because of the delay.