Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Track Dynamically Loaded DOM Node

Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to track clicks on a DOM node that is dynamically loaded and subsequently removed after 4 seconds. It is likely that a user will not click on a button until well after the node has been removed.

Is there a way to determine that a node was in the markup after it's been removed? Basically, I want to run the following code and determine that ".tagg-balloons-wrapper" was on the page:

jQuery('.htl-search.button-mobile').on('click', function() {     

// If message is present

if (jQuery('.brandLogoNavWrapper .tagg-balloons-wrapper').length >= 1) {

if (typeof adobe == 'object') {

adobe.target.trackEvent({mbox: 'mboxClickTrack', params: {'clicked': 'taggstar_only'}});

} else {

mboxFactoryDefault.getSignaler().signal("abt", "mboxClickTrack", "clicked=taggstar_only");

}

}     

});

I'm not very familiar with using addEventListener() or MutationObservers, though it seems this is the route I need to take.

Thank you in advance for your help!

- Brion

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Brion,

Please check below link how you can Detect DOM changes with Mutation Observers

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2012/02/Detect-DOM-changes-with-Mutation-Observers

Hope that helps

Thanks,

Manish Agravat

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Brion,

Please check below link how you can Detect DOM changes with Mutation Observers

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2012/02/Detect-DOM-changes-with-Mutation-Observers

Hope that helps

Thanks,

Manish Agravat

Level 4

Thank you Manisha!

Though this was a while ago, we were able to resolve our issue by using MutationObserver.