Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Test & Target - showing different html offers according to if the visitor visited subsciption page before or not.

Level 2

We want to track visitors who comes from specific urls to our subscription pages.

For example: we want to track visitors who comes from [www.sample.com] to our subscription page.

Then if this visitor directly visit our homepage we want to show specific add to him. (this visitor may come to homepage couple of days later).

•          Track visitors who comes to subscription page
  •          if he visits the homepage put him into sample html offer.

Do we have to pass data from subscriptionMbox to HomePageMbox ?

What codes do we have to write into Profiles

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Cihan,

Instead of using campaign level targeting, you could use experience level targeting , and instead of using both of the conditions I mentioned in my post earlier , you could think of using referrers as being sample.com, or sample1.com as per your requirements.

Please know that if someone directly types an answer, then that would make the referrer go blank—that is how the javascript works—and if the person comes from google, then the referrer becomes google.com, so by the targeting I just mentioned, this visitor would be left out and would not be shown this offer at all. But if you use experience level targeting, this is possible.

Please let me know if this message was useful for you.

Thanks and glad to be of help-

Avik

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hello Cihan,

This is definitely possible with our tool. You could accomplish this by setting the campaign level Targeting to do this for you.

First you would have to select Site Pages in targeting section and you can set up the "previous page URL" to match "www.sample.com" in your example, and in the next step, you could go to the "Traffic Sources" tab and set the landing page to your Homepage.

This would make sure that this campaign is targeted only to the visitors who came from the specific URL mentioned by you, and who also landed on the homepage.

Please let us know if there is any additional information that is needed, and we will work on it ASAP.

Thanks,

Level 2

Thank you very much for your reply,

Visitors that are coming from sample.com to subscription page then going to homepage by a link it works.

But after coming to subscription page visitor may write the homepage address directly into the address bar or he may come to homepage from google search couple of days later so it doesn't work.

Also ı want to show different html offers according to where the visitor come from ;

for  example if he comes from sample1.com show him the html offer (page1); if he comes from sample2.com show him html offer(page 2 )

Do i have to select A/B..N Campaing or Landing page campaign for this.

Best Regards

Cihan

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Cihan,

Instead of using campaign level targeting, you could use experience level targeting , and instead of using both of the conditions I mentioned in my post earlier , you could think of using referrers as being sample.com, or sample1.com as per your requirements.

Please know that if someone directly types an answer, then that would make the referrer go blank—that is how the javascript works—and if the person comes from google, then the referrer becomes google.com, so by the targeting I just mentioned, this visitor would be left out and would not be shown this offer at all. But if you use experience level targeting, this is possible.

Please let me know if this message was useful for you.

Thanks and glad to be of help-

Avik

Level 2

İf the visitor visited the subsription form page before couple of days later if he visits the homepage i want to show one of the html offers so ı think that i have to write a profile script for this.

At the cookie level it must remember the visitor that he visited the sub form page before.

subscriptionMbox may remember the visitor and if he visits the homepageMbox; subscriptionMbox can pass this data to homepageMbox and the visitor can enter the experience offers.

In this scenario we can't use referrers we have to keep data at cookie level then read it later if he visits the homepage.

Best Regards

Cihan