Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Targeting a user viewing their own profile page

Level 1

Hi 

I have been stumped by a question here at my company and I wonder if anyone could suggest an approach.

My colleague wants to target an A/B test specifically at users of their-own profile pages.

Let me give some context:

Our website Mendeley has profile pages for our users like this one for Victor...

https://www.mendeley.com/profiles/victor-henning

You and I can view that profile, its public so to speak, but there is another use case, we'd like to optimise around users viewing their own profile's/

My question is how can I run an A/B test so that when Victor views his profile page, he is targetted in the A/B test?

As said above we'd like to run an A/B test for users looking at their own profile pages

PS:

We track these views in Adobe Analytics,  "ownprofile:yes" in the (longer) value of content detail [v104].

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@humphreysn1 

How to get it done:
1. Make sure you have A4T (Analytics for Target) Enabled.
2. Build an audience in Analytics to capture visitors who meet eVar104 = "ownprofile:yes"
3. Use that audience in Target to filter only those users in the activity in question.
Important things to keep in mind:
No visitor will qualify for the Campaign the first time they match the criteria for the Analytics Segment/Audience.

The first time they match is used by the system to catalog and classify them.

They can only qualify if they return a subsequent time and it has to be 24-48hrs later. Only at that point will they trigger the Campaign based on that Analytics Segment/Audience.

Keep in mind that visitors and visits are always counted in Analytics regardless if we get into the campaign or not.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@humphreysn1 

How to get it done:
1. Make sure you have A4T (Analytics for Target) Enabled.
2. Build an audience in Analytics to capture visitors who meet eVar104 = "ownprofile:yes"
3. Use that audience in Target to filter only those users in the activity in question.
Important things to keep in mind:
No visitor will qualify for the Campaign the first time they match the criteria for the Analytics Segment/Audience.

The first time they match is used by the system to catalog and classify them.

They can only qualify if they return a subsequent time and it has to be 24-48hrs later. Only at that point will they trigger the Campaign based on that Analytics Segment/Audience.

Keep in mind that visitors and visits are always counted in Analytics regardless if we get into the campaign or not.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 1

Thanks for the detailed response, we have A4T, so we'll give that a go.   

We were hoping to trigger this the first time they entered the experiment, but this is a start

One question for the vistiro to match, your comment reads like they have to come back between 24-48 hrs later, would they not qualify if they come back 72 hours, is 24-48 strict, or just a minimum?