Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Targeting a user viewing their own profile page

Level 1

Hi 

I have been stumped by a question here at my company and I wonder if anyone could suggest an approach.

My colleague wants to target an A/B test specifically at users of their-own profile pages.

Let me give some context:

Our website Mendeley has profile pages for our users like this one for Victor...

https://www.mendeley.com/profiles/victor-henning

You and I can view that profile, its public so to speak, but there is another use case, we'd like to optimise around users viewing their own profile's/

My question is how can I run an A/B test so that when Victor views his profile page, he is targetted in the A/B test?

As said above we'd like to run an A/B test for users looking at their own profile pages

PS:

We track these views in Adobe Analytics,  "ownprofile:yes" in the (longer) value of content detail [v104].

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@humphreysn1 

How to get it done:
1. Make sure you have A4T (Analytics for Target) Enabled.
2. Build an audience in Analytics to capture visitors who meet eVar104 = "ownprofile:yes"
3. Use that audience in Target to filter only those users in the activity in question.
Important things to keep in mind:
No visitor will qualify for the Campaign the first time they match the criteria for the Analytics Segment/Audience.

The first time they match is used by the system to catalog and classify them.

They can only qualify if they return a subsequent time and it has to be 24-48hrs later. Only at that point will they trigger the Campaign based on that Analytics Segment/Audience.

Keep in mind that visitors and visits are always counted in Analytics regardless if we get into the campaign or not.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@humphreysn1 

How to get it done:
1. Make sure you have A4T (Analytics for Target) Enabled.
2. Build an audience in Analytics to capture visitors who meet eVar104 = "ownprofile:yes"
3. Use that audience in Target to filter only those users in the activity in question.
Important things to keep in mind:
No visitor will qualify for the Campaign the first time they match the criteria for the Analytics Segment/Audience.

The first time they match is used by the system to catalog and classify them.

They can only qualify if they return a subsequent time and it has to be 24-48hrs later. Only at that point will they trigger the Campaign based on that Analytics Segment/Audience.

Keep in mind that visitors and visits are always counted in Analytics regardless if we get into the campaign or not.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 1

Thanks for the detailed response, we have A4T, so we'll give that a go.   

We were hoping to trigger this the first time they entered the experiment, but this is a start

One question for the vistiro to match, your comment reads like they have to come back between 24-48 hrs later, would they not qualify if they come back 72 hours, is 24-48 strict, or just a minimum?