Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target using the wrong selector

Level 3
I have an Adobe Target instance that is not selecting the correct element.

Whenever I select an element inside this form, it always grab the selector for the input of id `#optionamountdonation-5e445e51222`. That input, even though also part of the form, cannot even be selected as it is absolute left positioned out of the page view (for accessibility reason).

sean12341_0-1681804548676.png

Since we are not getting the selector for "ADD TO CART" button, the changes I applied won't work. This same issue for all the elements inside the form (toggle, amount input, the three amount labels).

But if I select something outside of the form (like the text on the left), it works. I suspect it may be some Javascript acting on the form element that conflict with Target?

I have also recorded a Youtube video here for more detail.

Any advice or suggestions? I am fairly new to Target.

Thanks and much appreciated,
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @sean12341 ,

You can also select a required selector, from a breadcrumb kind of thing that appears at bottom of the VEC composer, else you can directly replace the selector in modifications as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 5

Provide your site/page details to troubleshoot more... 

Employee

Hello,

Is that form directly defined in the page or is it a custom web component? Have you tried manually entering the selector in the Modifications area?

Thank you,

/Cristinel

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @sean12341 ,

You can also select a required selector, from a breadcrumb kind of thing that appears at bottom of the VEC composer, else you can directly replace the selector in modifications as well.