Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Upgrade with legacy mboxs

Level 1

HI

I am trying to upgrade to Target Premium on a site that has Target Classic already installed.  What I have read in the upgrade documentation is that both the new Target with Global Mbox, and target Classic regional mboxes can co exist on the page.  I have set up Target Premium using DTM (by the way I have done this on sites without Classic quite easily) for the Web property using automated mbox update, however when I check my pages the new global mbox has not appeared and in one particular journey the regional mboxes have disappeared also. 

So I wanted to check

a) Am I right in saying that Global Mboxs (target premium) and Regional Mboxs (target classic) can co-exist?

b) Can I fire mbox.js through DTM, even though there is a reference to mbox.js in the page from the Classic implementation?

c) Any ideas what might have caused the Target premium implementation not to work?

Thanks

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Martin ,

You can't have two references to mbox.js on a page. Please remove the old reference (Target classic Reference) and only use the DTM instance.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Martin,

If you already have mboxes on your page from a former Test&Target implementation, then these mboxes can still be used in the new interface. The updated mbox.js file is still required, but these mboxes can be selected for activities and edited using the Visual Experience Composer.

For rest of your queries, I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Martin ,

You can't have two references to mbox.js on a page. Please remove the old reference (Target classic Reference) and only use the DTM instance.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Thanks Parit

I understand now, as a follow up though.

Would you know -  If I keep my classic tests running, fire mbox.js through DTM for Target Premium, and then remove the hard coded mbox.js - will my tests still run with the updated mbox.js.

Martin

Level 10

Hi Martin,

Yes,  your tests created in Target Classic will still be running with the updated mbox.js

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal