Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Target activity/preview links not reflecting the changes

Level 2

We have installed the code for target on the website - https://www.murdochuniversitydubai.com/

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 5.16.03 PM.png

However it is not working and showing above warning. Can anyone help debug the issue please?

However it is not working

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sarin_7 

Looks like this is a cloud based instance. I just checked in Public Suffix List, and found that ac.nz domain is in list so please check this guide Use cloud-based instances with Target .If you intend to use cloud-based instances with domains included on the Public Suffix List, you need to add this into cookieDomain to targetGlobalSettings()

I noticed that you added the code directly into page instead add this code before at.js loaded either through launch or directly into Target interface. 

window.targetGlobalSettings = {  
   cookieDomain: "ucic.ac.nz"
};

Hope this helps and it should work. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Sarin_7 

Looks like there is some issues with your host setting. 

A host is any domain from which a Target request is made. On a website, it is usually the location.hostname property of the URL making the Target request.

By default, Target does not limit a host that can make Target requests and receive Target responses. When new hosts make requests, they automatically work. This process also enables testing on different domains you don’t know or can’t anticipate. If you want to override this default behaviour, you can set up an allow list or blocklist to limit which hosts work with Target.

To create a allowlist: you can refer below link 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/administer/hosts.html?lang=en  

Level 2

Thanks for the quick response @Gokul_Agiwal 

I checked and this domain (website) is not showing in host list, not sure why as per my understanding it should automatically show correct?

This is the preview link for the activity where the changes are not reflecting: https://www.murdochuniversitydubai.com/?at_preview_token=D2K1gRGkzV-xsrQSwpdYCQ&at_preview_index=1_1...

I also clicked on Authorize host and manually added www.murdochuniversitydubai.com,  murdochuniversitydubai.com under host contains but its still not showing.. How can we fix this please?

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 7.22.06 PM.png

Level 2

Thanks @Gokul_Agiwal , it has been resolved now and showing in host list, I guess maybe adding the domain under host contains in Authorise host worked! Thanks so much, much appreciated

We are facing similar issue on another website - https://www.ucic.ac.nz/

But here the warning message says:

AT: [page-init] Adobe Target content delivery is disabled. Ensure that you can save cookies to your current domain, there is no "mboxDisable" cookie and there is no "mboxDisable" parameter in query string.

Can you help on this one too....

Community Advisor

Hi @Sarin_7 

You need to set your Target cookies at the domain / sub-domain level in this case.  Refer below link

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/target/load-and-... 

Essentially, you need to set the domain at.js uses for storing cookies. You can do that with targetGlobalSettings() function. Here's a sample of how to set the cookie domain to a subdomain:

// Either or or from below
   cookieDomain: domain.com // set cookies on the domain level
   cookieDomain: subdomain.domain.com // set cookies on the subdomain level
};

This needs to be set prior to the at.js inclusion on the page.

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Thanks @Gokul_Agiwal ,

Added the below code but still not working

$(function(){
};
});

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Sarin_7 

Looks like this is a cloud based instance. I just checked in Public Suffix List, and found that ac.nz domain is in list so please check this guide Use cloud-based instances with Target .If you intend to use cloud-based instances with domains included on the Public Suffix List, you need to add this into cookieDomain to targetGlobalSettings()

I noticed that you added the code directly into page instead add this code before at.js loaded either through launch or directly into Target interface. 

};

Hope this helps and it should work. 

Level 2

Thanks a lot for your reply @Gokul_Agiwal 

We have added the code before at.js through launch but still not working

Can you please check...