Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Sorted Product List following Search

Level 2

Afternoon Gurus, 

We had a use case in our old recommendation tool which would amend the sort order of a search results page based on personal behaviour i.e. if I search for "Red Dress" and have previous interactions with items that would meet this the Search Results page would reorder to boost the products I had historical interactions with.(from their documentation rearranges a list of search results to a personalized order of sequence).

Is there a mirror for this within Target? Or is there any thoughts on mimicing the behaviour? Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There are a few things that are probably worth looking into to help with your question. Adobe Target Recommendations is an e-commerce style product recommendation service. It has a catalog (feed) that keeps up with product views/purchases (if integrated) and then you can run activities to highlight certain products based on popularity, site affinity, etc. You can set up HTML templates to render the products. A very typical scenario would be on a product page where you advertise similar products off to the side. Or on a search page where you highlight the products that you last viewed. I am not aware of it integrating directly with a search page and it re-ordering. That sounds more like Search&Promote (if that is still an Adobe product). As for Target proper, it would be more of the delivery engine unless you have AEM and all of your products set up as offers. 

To answer the question, I am not aware of any feature that could handle your scenario out of the box. Adobe Target Recommendations would be a place that I would look into a bit further to see if it helps. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There are a few things that are probably worth looking into to help with your question. Adobe Target Recommendations is an e-commerce style product recommendation service. It has a catalog (feed) that keeps up with product views/purchases (if integrated) and then you can run activities to highlight certain products based on popularity, site affinity, etc. You can set up HTML templates to render the products. A very typical scenario would be on a product page where you advertise similar products off to the side. Or on a search page where you highlight the products that you last viewed. I am not aware of it integrating directly with a search page and it re-ordering. That sounds more like Search&Promote (if that is still an Adobe product). As for Target proper, it would be more of the delivery engine unless you have AEM and all of your products set up as offers. 

To answer the question, I am not aware of any feature that could handle your scenario out of the box. Adobe Target Recommendations would be a place that I would look into a bit further to see if it helps. 

Level 2

Thanks @Eric_Vidana, I spoke with our account team and Search&Promote is nearing end of life so has been ruled out. We have recommendations powered by Target working across the site and this Sort Order criteria from our legacy provider is the only aspect we have not been able to mirror during migration. Will keep looking and update the thread if anything come up.