Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Server Side Target use case for certain pages only

Level 2

Dear all,

I have an Adobe Target server-side implementation with different mbox id in page, each corresponding to different locations within a page (e.g. header, hero banner, product card, footer...) but differing only for each location and not for each page (i.e. the mbox id for header has the same name for page A and page B).

If I want to make a Target activity in the hero banner for one page only (and not on the other pages, so on page A only, and not on page B), how can I make Target to know to do the activity on hero banner of page A only? Do the standard Target audience rules work in Server Side and without Target library on page? Any idea on how to go for this use case?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@FraCalzo Based on your server side integration that you cant control removing the calls(HttpClient)  by page,  only way is to control through Adobe Target.

Best/Easy option: that's how marketers and developer do today, create audience with only pages you want and add to activity.

nnakirikanti_0-1678131503553.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/create-audiences/categories-audiences...

Let me know if you need further assistance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @FraCalzo, I'm not sure I fully understood your usecase. But if you have an A/B test on a page - you can also write an A or B value in the variants accordingly in the user profile. Then you can load specific activities or wait for a new page load. Other activities that have the parameter as A as Audience - are then only displayed.

Level 2

Dear @Perrin_Ennen, the use case is the following. Le me say:

• server side implementation (and no Target library in the page source)
  • two different pages: page A and page B
  • the hero banner in both pages have the same mbox iD e.g. "herobanner_mbox_id"

I want to make a (server-side) Target activity (A/B, XT, not important) only on herobanner for page A and not for page B. How can I make it? Am I forced to pass mbox parameters from server to distinguish between that two pages or are there other solutions?

Thanks in advance

Correct answer by
Level 4

@FraCalzo Based on your server side integration that you cant control removing the calls(HttpClient)  by page,  only way is to control through Adobe Target.

Best/Easy option: that's how marketers and developer do today, create audience with only pages you want and add to activity.

nnakirikanti_0-1678131503553.png

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/create-audiences/categories-audiences...

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Level 2

Thanks @nnakirikanti,

but how can I employ such audiences in this server-side case? Aren't they useful only in a client-side implementation, with Library installed?

Level 4

@FraCalzo Few things to ask yourself?

1) how does target work? 

2) ways of implementing target (client/server side), does each implementation differs how target works? 

Irrespective of implementation be it client side with at.js/websdk/Delivery API or server side with nodeJS/JavaSDK/DeliveryAPI in the end you are going to reach target edge servers deployment globally to get the activity you qualify for.

Client side libraries gonna generate context variables, "address"  in our case is  consumed by target for page level audiences qualification  https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/introduction/how-target-works.html?lang=en#conc...

with Delivery API you gonna construct full payload need for target to return back the content(activity you qualify). 

with Platform specific SDK's you need to find does target request object gets this contextual data pulled from actual server request object or you need to pass manually the context data for target.

Check this document for additional details.

https://developer.adobe.com/target/implement/server-side/