Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Send parameters to target from launch to create custom experience

Level 2

I have created a rule in launch as in the image below. I get, from html attribute, information to populate parameter values, these attributes are available after 6 sec since window loaded.
In target I have created an experience where audiences are based on paremeters value sent with this rule, but the experience is not triggered. what am I doing wrong? which is the difference between prefetch.views[0].parameters and notifications[0].parameters? can I use notifications[0].parameters to create audiences to show specific experiences? is there another way to send parameters to target after tot seconds?

thank you

rule.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AronoeleS 

you have used TriggerView action that means this experience implemented for Single Page Application right? 

I'm not seeing a load target action, does that cover in separate rule? also is this experience loaded after initial page load? 

Ideally, when your site loads, all of your views and actions are cached so that subsequent user actions on your site won’t trigger server calls to retrieve offers. If you want to retrieve views depending on the most up-to-date profile data that might have been updated depending on subsequent user actions, you can call getOffers() and applyOffers() with the latest audience user or profile data passed.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AronoeleS 

you have used TriggerView action that means this experience implemented for Single Page Application right? 

I'm not seeing a load target action, does that cover in separate rule? also is this experience loaded after initial page load? 

Ideally, when your site loads, all of your views and actions are cached so that subsequent user actions on your site won’t trigger server calls to retrieve offers. If you want to retrieve views depending on the most up-to-date profile data that might have been updated depending on subsequent user actions, you can call getOffers() and applyOffers() with the latest audience user or profile data passed.

Level 2

Hi gokula, thank you for your answer.

Yes, load target action is in a separate rule and it's triggered on Core - Library Loaded (Page Top).

No, it is not a SPA, but I haven't to trigger a new page load request, it is the same page, but the informations needed to cluster the users to show the right experience are loaded after 6 sec. Maybe I'm using the tools not in a properly way. The aim is to show a popup if the user has value = 'productInCart', but I can retrive this information only from html and after a success js call that said if user has or not products in the cart. I can mange this just usign Adobe Targer? When Target needs to be integrated with Launch?

note: I haven't access to the server files, so I can't change js or html.

Level 4

@AronoeleS , 

You could try using a different event type for firing the Target call when the value you are looking for is present in HTML. Capture the value in a Data Element and try setting up the event condition for Data Element Change (something like the screenshot below). If that doesn't work, you might have to use a custom code condition to poll for the value change and then trigger the Target call.

kchaitanya_0-1644439224221.png

Ultimately you will have to make a Target call (from Launch) that would contain the profile paramter value which you will use in Target audiences to qualify for the acitivity.

Level 2

Hi kchaitanya,
thank you for your answer.
I know how to read the attribute html values, but I don't know how to send parameters to Target after the page load request where Target is loaded. It is not enough the action "add parameter to page load request" neither add a trigger view, because seems that the expereinces in Target don't recive further parameters after the first load. Another point: these aren't profile parameters, but "session" parameters.

Level 4

You will have to use a custom code in the actions section of the rule. Refer to this document for a sample of how the code might look like: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

Essentially this is what you require within the rule:

1. Create an event that works for you - either change of data element or use a custom code that can poll for the availability of your data element. 

2. Action should be a custom code to fire the target call via the getOffer() function and passing your required parameters within it.

Community Advisor

I am facing problem to create audiences in Target using notification results. 

Can you help me how to do that? screenshot or steps to create notification audiences help me to procede.

Thank You

Level 2

I found notification parameters under audience --> custom audience

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/create-audiences/categories-audiences... 

but it doesn't work for me to trigger experiences, so I'm not sure if it is correct.

Community Advisor

Ok we are also doing same way but some bug in the system these profile attrubutes are not appearing in Target as expected. Somtimes its taking 2 hours to apear in profiles sometimes 4 hours and more than 4 hours. Because of this we are not able to utilize these parameters for our use case. Thats just wondering is there any other way to send this data using Launch rule. we have opened a case with Adobe.

Thank you