Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Adobe Target's impact on Floodlight tags

Level 4

Hello,

I'm wondering whether Adobe Target activities have any impact on floodlights tags? I'm looking to run an on-site A/B test and I want to make sure we'll be able to still capture floodlight tags and conversions. On a similar note, is there anything that can be passed to the floodlight tracking that will identify which experience a user is seeing?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ben_mrm 

As far as I'm aware there is no impact of Adobe Target activities on Floodlight tags. You can have tags and target experience on page. 

I've implemented for my client to have floodlight tags for conversion on homepage and same time delivering the personalised banner coming through Adobe Target. 

The floodlight tags deployed through Adobe launch ( now called Data Collection)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ben_mrm 

As far as I'm aware there is no impact of Adobe Target activities on Floodlight tags. You can have tags and target experience on page. 

I've implemented for my client to have floodlight tags for conversion on homepage and same time delivering the personalised banner coming through Adobe Target. 

The floodlight tags deployed through Adobe launch ( now called Data Collection)

Level 4

Thanks for the response. Great to hear! 
So for a use case where there may be multiple versions of a page or component, do you run into issues or additional setup that is needed to report out on conversions by experience? So is there something that needs to be set in the Data collection in order to say Exp A account for X conversions, Exp B accounted for Y conversions, etc. etc.?

Community Advisor

Hi @ben_mrm  

Is your query resolved? it would be nice to know

Level 4

I believe so. I'm yet to implement/test in a real-world example but this response answers my inquiry. 

Community Advisor

Marketing tags or pixels shouldn't be impacted by Target library load or activity renditions. You may consider setting up priorities in Rules (if you are using Launch), for Target lib load and Marketing pixel tags.