Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Reporting using A4T(analytics for target)

Level 1

I am conducting an A/B test on collection pages. In the test variant, I've added a button, while in the default variant, there is no button. If a user sees the test variant but does not click the button and later buys a product, will this transaction (order, purchase) be attributed to the test variant? I'm using Adobe Target and A4T for reporting.
@Gaureshk_Kodag 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, the conversion will get attribute to the test variant and you can conclude that the new experience had an impact on the purchase though the user didn't click on that button. However, an ideal A/B test on this scenario would be to test variations of an existing button like placing them more prominently, changing color, size, call to action, etc.. Introducing a new button might not be a good idea, unless you have a valid hypothesis in place.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Yes, the conversion will get attribute to the test variant and you can conclude that the new experience had an impact on the purchase though the user didn't click on that button. However, an ideal A/B test on this scenario would be to test variations of an existing button like placing them more prominently, changing color, size, call to action, etc.. Introducing a new button might not be a good idea, unless you have a valid hypothesis in place.