Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Remove or hide deleted experiences on a report

Level 2

Is there some way to remove or hide deleted experiences from a report in Target?

target-report-with-deleted-experiences.png

I could certainly understand retaining a deleted experience if it had data associated with it because that data would have an impact on the overall results of the test. However, the experiences in my example above were removed prior to activating the test. As such, there is no data associate with them. So, including them adds no benefit to the report and, in fact, actually make the report harder to digest, especially for a layman. These deleted experiences add completely unnecessary noise to the report.

I'm still new to Target, and as a novice, it is often necessary to me to try out various methods of building an experience until I get one that works the way I want it to. So, experimenting with the composer is not unusual and deleting failed attempts is no problem. It's only when viewing the report that it becomes an issue.

If there is no way to remove or hide these empty deleted experiences within the report then I would STRONGLY encourage Adobe to consider addressing this issue in some way. This isn't the end of the world, but it sure is annoying as heck!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi derrict68​,

While you are waiting for your feature request to get through, this trick might help some.

1. Setup an activity with experiences
  2. Realize you need to delete an experience - delete it
  3. Finalize activity setup, QA
  4. THEN copy/duplicate the activity and activate the NEW version.

The previously deleted experience(s) from the original activity will not show up in the copied instance.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

derrict68​,

This would make a great feature request. Standby for the link on where to vote it up. In the meantime have you tried renaming the experiences to [DELETED]... that would help people who are looking at it other then yourself.

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee Advisor

derrict68​,

I have submitted the feature request and have voted it up. Please vote it up here: Remove or hide deleted experiences on a report

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

mikewebguy,

Thanks for the reply and setting up the feature request. I up voted it as hard as I could. I just wish that I could up vote it more than once!

Your suggestion about renaming the experiences is interesting. Unfortunately, once an experience has been deleted you can only see it in the report and there is no way (that I can see) to rename experiences in a report.

Employee Advisor

derrict68​,

I laughed so hard when I read this: "I up voted it as hard as I could." I know exactly what you mean.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi derrict68​,

While you are waiting for your feature request to get through, this trick might help some.

1. Setup an activity with experiences
  2. Realize you need to delete an experience - delete it
  3. Finalize activity setup, QA
  4. THEN copy/duplicate the activity and activate the NEW version.

The previously deleted experience(s) from the original activity will not show up in the copied instance.

Level 2

ryanr8​,

I was actually thinking of trying that exact thing. I just wasn't sure whether or not the deleted experiences would be included in the duplicate. Now that I know they will not carry over, I think this may be the best way to deal with it in the short-term.

Thanks for the reply!