Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

VEC how does connect to Android Native App?

Level 2

Hi community, i'm working on a Poc of adobe Target, but i'm stuck on VEC connection to my app, i don't know if i misunderstood the documentation because i don't able to connect to VEC, i've followed the steps on documentation and not mention explicit if this is enough to get the connection that i wanted between my app and VEC, this is my configuration and i hope you can help me with this.

I'm already using Sample Android App 1.4 (Located on Bottom of "Manage settings app" section in Mobile Services)

The json file have configured the parameters like "risds" and "clientCode" (target) and other parameters are configured by default on json by Adobe Mobile Services.

According to Target documentation, just need to do:

• add the clientCode to Json
  • Put dependencies to gradle (app level)
  • Generate deeplink on xml in your activity
  • set up onCreate with methods TargetVEC.registerExtension(); & Target.registerExtension();

Additional methods (i understand) they're to dynamic views and other settings, so technically in the process to link VEC on app it'll be:

• Generate A/B testing to mobile device
  • Add deep link (previously generated on XML view)
  • Synchronize VEC with app through opening link on web browser (mobile app)

All of those steps are successfully configurated of my part, but i'm just still unable to get any response of VEC, nothing happens once app is opened  from browser by link generated on VEC, (obviously i open the link on browser's device where is installed the app that i'm testing )

So please, can anyone give me some help here.

Thanks in advance to all of you! : )

0 Replies