Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Regarding mbox categoryId entity attribute

Level 1

Hi,

When I pass product information to Adobe Target via mbox, I was sending multiple values in comma separated fashion with categoryId entity attribute like 'entity.categoryId=Test Category Id1,Test Category Id2,Test Category Id3'. And when I see the product in Recommendations Premium product catalog, I found that it took everything as one category ('Test Category Id1,Test Category Id2,Test Category Id3') instead of segregating into multiple categories by taking comma as a delimiter ('Test Category Id1', 'Test Category Id2', 'Test Category Id3'). It used to work fine in Recommendations classic but not in Recommendations Premium. Can anyone pls help me out here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Gaurav,

If you want to use the mbox only to update it, then you should make multiple mbox calls each passing one category only and other way is to update category using feeds.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Gaurav , 

Our Engineering team is working on the issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Parit,

Thanks for letting me know and for promising to take care of the issue. Could you please let me know the workaround of this problem if any?

Best Regards,

Gaurav Sachdeva

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Gaurav,

If you want to use the mbox only to update it, then you should make multiple mbox calls each passing one category only and other way is to update category using feeds.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal