Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Recommendations Criteria Not Showing Up When Building Activity

Level 2

Hi! I am trying to create a recommendations activity to show recommended articles on a blog based on the article a visitor is currently on. My criteria is to look at the current category ID and show other articles w/ same category. I believe the best way to set this up would be an items with similar attributes algo, with current item as recommendation key and the content similarity using entity.category. When I create the activity, I am unable to find/select that criteria I created. In fact, out of the 59 criterias I have, I can only see 26 within the activity even though I've made sure the activity and criteria both use the article and category page types. Please assist, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @bwilson704

to resolve this go to recommendations settings and turn on filter incompatible criteria. You will be able to see the criteria.

Gaureshk_Kodag_1-1662196279614.png

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @bwilson704 

While selecting criteria in activity, the page type filter gets applied automatically, uncheck all checkboxes and then you'll be able to see the criteria.

Gaureshk_Kodag_0-1661346295463.png

Level 1

Hi Gauresh_Kodag, 

Thank you for that explanation. It happened to me before as well.

There's sometimes that the UI is not loading as it should in the Recommendations Criteria section, but it's a matter of being patient with UI and deselecting the page type filter in order to see all the criteria available. 

Best, 

Level 2

Really appreciate the response! The issue is that I don't have any filters selected and the max I can see is 26, even though my total criteria inventory is 59.

bwilson704_0-1661350375946.pngbwilson704_1-1661350382565.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @bwilson704

to resolve this go to recommendations settings and turn on filter incompatible criteria. You will be able to see the criteria.

Gaureshk_Kodag_1-1662196279614.png

Hope this helps.

Level 1

Hi @Gaureshk_Kodag ,

I have same issue as @bwilson704 I don't have any filters selected and the max I can see is 28, even though my total criteria inventory is 58. Also, I am not able to see "Filter Incompatible Criteria option" in recommendation settings. Please assist, Thanks!

SD20_0-1669106171734.png

SD20_3-1669106324704.png

SD20_2-1669106279365.png

Level 1

Hi @SD20 ,

Am facing the same issue as you stated above i.e.,not able to see "Filter Incompatible Criteria option" in recommendation settings.
Did you find any solution for this issue?

Best,