Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Recently viewed reccomendation not updating.

Level 2

I've setup a recommendations campaign to show most recently viewed devices on the website. It works when I view a few devices and go to home page. But when I view a few more devices and go back to homepage the list is not being updated with the recently viewed device.
Is this how the default functionality is configured to work or am I doing something wrong ?

Can you please help ?

Thanks,
Vikas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Vikaz​,

Per the KB article here: Create criteria

"The Recently Viewed Items criteria now returns results specific to a given environment. If two sites belong to different environments and a visitor switches between the two sites, each site shows only recently viewed items from the appropriate site. If two sites are in the same environment and a visitor switches between the two sites, the visitor will see the same recently viewed items for both sites."

Please let me know if you would like me to clarify anything or if we are ok to archive this ticket. If I don't hear from you in a couple of days I will archive this ticket for future reference.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Vikaz​,

Per the KB article here: Create criteria

"The Recently Viewed Items criteria now returns results specific to a given environment. If two sites belong to different environments and a visitor switches between the two sites, each site shows only recently viewed items from the appropriate site. If two sites are in the same environment and a visitor switches between the two sites, the visitor will see the same recently viewed items for both sites."

Please let me know if you would like me to clarify anything or if we are ok to archive this ticket. If I don't hear from you in a couple of days I will archive this ticket for future reference.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Hi Mihnea,

The environment is same. The product pages are hosted at
https://domain/lorem/ipsum/device-name

and the recommendations activity is the URL(home page)

https://domain/lorem/

As far as I can see the configuration both URL.s are in same environments. It works when I view a couple product pages and then come to home page. But when I see a couple more devices the list is not updated with a recently viewed device.

Employee Advisor

Vikaz​,

"But when I see a couple more devices the list is not updated with a recently viewed device." Could it be that these pages are not passing the product information? Per: "Plan and implement Recommendations" the product page must pass: "entity.id" and "entity.categoryId"

Level 2

HI mikewebguy

I've verified that the product pages are sending "entity.id" and "entity.categoryId". Still cant see the recently viewed devices list being updated in recommendations

Level 4

Vikaz​ Can you please check for the Exclusion List, there could be a possibility that the products are not getting recommended because they are added in the Exclusion list.

Regards,

Karan

Administrator

Hi Vikaz​, thanks for visiting the Adobe Target Community! Were you able to find an answer to your question? Please let us know if you still need help thanks!

Warmly,

Amelia