Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Question about algorithm "People Who Viewed This, Bought That" or "People Who Bought This, Bought That"

Level 2

Hi,

When we use any of these algorithms ("People Who Viewed This, Bought That" or "People Who Bought This, Bought That"), I assume, Target uses some parameters which indicate that products were actually bought by the end users. My question is, does Target really use product 'buy' information? If yes, how do we pass this information to Target?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Correct. You need to tell Target that a product was viewed (mbox param named entity.id) or that a purchase happened. I grabbed this from https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

<script type="text/javascript"> 
adobe.target.trackEvent({ 
    "mbox": "orderConfirmPage", 
    "params":{  
        "orderId": "ORDER ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE",  
        "orderTotal": "ORDER TOTAL FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE",  
        "productPurchasedId": "PRODUCT ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE, PRODUCT ID2, PRODUCT ID3"  
    } 
}); 
</script> 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Correct. You need to tell Target that a product was viewed (mbox param named entity.id) or that a purchase happened. I grabbed this from https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/implement-target/client-side/at-js-implementati...

<script type="text/javascript"> 
adobe.target.trackEvent({ 
    "mbox": "orderConfirmPage", 
    "params":{  
        "orderId": "ORDER ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE",  
        "orderTotal": "ORDER TOTAL FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE",  
        "productPurchasedId": "PRODUCT ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE, PRODUCT ID2, PRODUCT ID3"  
    } 
}); 
</script>