Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Profile attribute - Value Appends

Level 3

Hi,

As per my understanding, profile attribute will replace the old value and keep only the most recent ones. Is there any way to append old with new values. for eg:

day1, we display banner1 and user not interested then captures the value in new profile attribute profile.exclusion = "banner1clicked"

on day2, we display banner and user not interested then captures the banner 2 value in new profile attribute profile.exclusion = "banner2clicked". With this, it will replace the day1 value instead of appending. But, i'm looking profile.exclusion = "banner1clicked,banner2clicked" so that we can apply this profile attribute in the exclusion to avoid showing these banner when user logs in next time.

Any thoughts?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes you can do this, but you would pass the value as an mbox parameter and then use a profile script, which would create a profile attribute which each new value would be appended to. In the example below, there is an mbox parameter called "append"; if it's not the first value my appendScript profile attribute has received, then it will be appended to the existing string, separated by a comma.  

alexbishop_1-1679583365552.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes you can do this, but you would pass the value as an mbox parameter and then use a profile script, which would create a profile attribute which each new value would be appended to. In the example below, there is an mbox parameter called "append"; if it's not the first value my appendScript profile attribute has received, then it will be appended to the existing string, separated by a comma.  

alexbishop_1-1679583365552.png