Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Exit Intent Pop Up - Goal Metric

Level 2

Hi, 

I´m currently doing an Experience Target Acivity in Adobe Target making available an Exit Intent Pop-Up on a especific page, to my website users.  

The experience is triggering well, but I would like to establish a combined Goal Metric that gives me the number of users that click on the pop-up and also view a success page. 

When I´m creating a "Primary Goal" > "Conversion" in Adobe Target I only can choose: "Viewed a page" or "Viewed an Mbox" or "Clicked an element". 

Instead of choosing one isolated Primary Goal, I want to choose a combined conversion goal - i.e.. "Click an element and Viewed a page". 

Can anyone help me how can i set up a combined goal like this in Adobe Target? 

Thank you all.  

João

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

In that case I would consider tracking that promo pop-up click in an eVar, as this will then persist from pop-up click -> booking screen -> summary/payment page -> success page.

Then you could create a funnel to understand initial engagement effectiveness (i.e. how many click the pop-up) as a micro-conversion, all the way through to understanding effectiveness against the primary goal of order success. 

You might then discover that the pop-up itself is extremely effective but actually there is high drop-out from booking screen -> summary/payment page, for example. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

I'm assuming you don't have Adobe Analytics but just to mention that with Adobe Analytics this would be very simple as you could create your own Calculated Metric based on "clicked element & viewed page" and then use that as your Primary Goal.  

Without Adobe Analytics, one option would be to trigger an mbox request when someone views the page after clicking an element; you would need to handle that logic yourself (i.e. via the tag manager) but it should be straightforward. Within the reporting setup that would then make things simple as you could choose the "Viewed an mbox" option  

Level 5

Hi Alex, 

Sorry to jump on the topic, but I´m João´s coworker.

We do have AA, however, our company´s plan does not include calculated metrics.
I'm thinking of creating a click element tag for the popup button and create a fallout where we funnel the number of clicks in the pop-up with the users that reached the success page, do you think it would work?

Employee Advisor

I originally thought you wanted a single metric that could represent "clicked button and reached success page", so that's why I'd suggest the other approach, but what you suggested makes perfect sense. 

If you don't necessarily need it to be a 2 step funnel, another option would be to add an internal campaign ID to the query string. For example, if your button has an href of "www.mysite.com/successpage" you could change it to "www.mysite.com/successpage?icid=popupclick". You could then track how many visits/page views to that specific URL. 

Level 5

Thank you so much for the fast reply Alex!
We do not necessarily need a single metric. In the end, we need to know if the popup is giving us results. 

So to give you some more info, this is an e-commerce website, and the popup appears on the screen where the user books a delivery. if the user tries to leave this screen, the popup appears with promocode/discount/etc 
so once clicked, the user goes back to the booking screen, where he/she can finish closing the delivery option. The next step is the order summary/payment page, followed by the success one.
Therefore, we do not have a href in the popup button (this suggestion actually is great to use in the future). 

Thus the goal is to know the # of users who saw the popup and went forward in completing and finishing the order. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

In that case I would consider tracking that promo pop-up click in an eVar, as this will then persist from pop-up click -> booking screen -> summary/payment page -> success page.

Then you could create a funnel to understand initial engagement effectiveness (i.e. how many click the pop-up) as a micro-conversion, all the way through to understanding effectiveness against the primary goal of order success. 

You might then discover that the pop-up itself is extremely effective but actually there is high drop-out from booking screen -> summary/payment page, for example. 

Community Advisor

Hi @JoaoSantana,

you can e.g. run an independent activity on the success page, which only triggers an adobe.target.trackEvent on the page. You can then also link this accordingly - or add it as a condition.

Level 2

Thank you very much @alexbishop and @Perrin_Ennen for your quick feedback. 

It was very (very) helpful. 

João Santana