Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Problems setting up audience

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to set up an A/B test on our search error landing page (page that is visible when there are no products matching the terms used). Considering that we don't have an unique URL for this page we have created an mbox to be triggered once there are no products matching the search term.

Using the troubleshooting tools of Adobe Marketing Cloud I can see that the mbox is indeed fired when there are no results (and off when there are results). Now I am trying to create an audience using this as the main parameter to trigger the A/B test, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The mbox is triggered but the A/B test is not.

Please see how I have built the audience.

Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 19.51.46.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

The audience only controls who is included or excluded from seeing an activity.
It sounds like you need to define the mbox in page delivery instead of the audience.

From the activity go to Edit Experiences > Select Configure > Page Delivery > Add Template Rule > mbox parameter.

See the following Target Help link: Include the Same Experience on Similar Pages

- Rylan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

The audience only controls who is included or excluded from seeing an activity.
It sounds like you need to define the mbox in page delivery instead of the audience.

From the activity go to Edit Experiences > Select Configure > Page Delivery > Add Template Rule > mbox parameter.

See the following Target Help link: Include the Same Experience on Similar Pages

- Rylan

Administrator

Hi and thanks for your question, I hope you found Rylan's response helpful

If you have any additional questions regarding Audiences, you'd definitely want to join us next week, January 25th at 10am PST for the Discovering & Managing Audiences for Maturity webinar (part of the Personalization Thursdays webinar series). Chevck out the event description below, and register here to reserve your spot today!

The quality of audiences and segmentation are a key ingredient in the effectiveness and the maturity of any optimization and personalization program. In this webinar, we'll learn how to discover what are important profile attributes for audience segmentation, where to build and govern our audiences and audience personalization best practices.