Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Passing Activity name and Experience name as profile parameters

Level 1

Hi everyone, 

We are creating a user Journey through Adobe target, which relies on the visitor's experience. So In essence, if the visitor saw Exp B for a certain activity, he/she should only see Exp B for other activities. We are trying to do this through Profile scripts however I do not see Activity.name or ID as available tokens for profile scripts, This information is available in response tokens however I am not sure if this can be passed as profile parameters to be used later. 

Any ideas or pointers on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@raag_s As profile tokens run before response tokens are generated we may not utilize the response tokens for this use case. The options that I can think of is to use "adobe.target.trackEvent()".

Use adobe.target.trackEvent(): You may try including a custom code within your Experience B and try capturing the activity details through this trackEvent call (Activity Name and Experience Name) :

<script>
adobe.target.trackEvent({"mbox":"NotificationCall", "params":{"activityName":"${activity.name}","activityExperience":"${campaign.recipe.name}","experienceId":"${campaign.id}","receipeId":"${campaign.recipe.id}"}});
</script>

Once these values are captured then you may utilize these details in the profile script and achieve your use case. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@raag_s As profile tokens run before response tokens are generated we may not utilize the response tokens for this use case. The options that I can think of is to use "adobe.target.trackEvent()".

Use adobe.target.trackEvent(): You may try including a custom code within your Experience B and try capturing the activity details through this trackEvent call (Activity Name and Experience Name) :

<script>
adobe.target.trackEvent({"mbox":"NotificationCall", "params":{"activityName":"${activity.name}","activityExperience":"${campaign.recipe.name}","experienceId":"${campaign.id}","receipeId":"${campaign.recipe.id}"}});
</script>

Once these values are captured then you may utilize these details in the profile script and achieve your use case. Hope this helps.

Level 2

How would you capture these details in a profile script? I'm unsure on what the syntax would be in the profile script to call each field, wasn't sure if there is some sort of prefix that needs to be assigned in the script to get each field. For example "target.activityName"

Level 2

Did you ever get a response or any reply to this? I have a similar Use Case and cant figure it out.