Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Pass multiple values in a single profile script

Level 2

Is it possible to pass multiple values in a profile script?

I have 8 products for each user saved to their customer attributes. I am setting up Recommendations and need to setup the Criteria so that it shows these products in the design.

Using the script below as example, which returns one of the products, can I set it so that it returns all 8 in one script?

if (crs.get('offline customer.userid')) {

return crs.get('offline customer.prod1');

}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @patrickb8312284,

A profile script generally will return a single value. Though it could be some sort of concatenated string. I think your use case might be better achieved in a different way. If you are wanting Recommendations to generate the results you could try a custom criteria with a custom key. Your custom criteria file could use the visitor's id as the key and then you can list the 8 product id's you want that visitor to see (probably very similar your customer attributes files with new column names). Something like this:

7-28-2020 5-00-33 PM.png

Then you setup a custom key in Recommendations that uses the same visitor id used in your custom criteria. Be sure to set the recommendation key in your custom criteria as the new custom key. Then create an activity that uses your custom criteria and your preferred design.

Hope that helps!

-Ryan

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @patrickb8312284,

A profile script generally will return a single value. Though it could be some sort of concatenated string. I think your use case might be better achieved in a different way. If you are wanting Recommendations to generate the results you could try a custom criteria with a custom key. Your custom criteria file could use the visitor's id as the key and then you can list the 8 product id's you want that visitor to see (probably very similar your customer attributes files with new column names). Something like this:

7-28-2020 5-00-33 PM.png

Then you setup a custom key in Recommendations that uses the same visitor id used in your custom criteria. Be sure to set the recommendation key in your custom criteria as the new custom key. Then create an activity that uses your custom criteria and your preferred design.

Hope that helps!

-Ryan