Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

multiple goals in target lead to multiple conversions for single visitor?

Level 1

Hi 

I set up an experiment where an interaction on a page was assigned as a goal.

In addition other interactions on the page were setup as goals.

Therefore one visitor could trigger several goals.

Would this count as multiple conversions in the stats?

thanks Antony

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @antonym1,

When you say setup as goals, are you referring to separate conversion metrics? So, in the report view you have multiple metrics in the report metrics drop-down? If so, then yes, a single visitor could trigger multiple conversions for different conversion metrics. If I enter a test and reach action one (tied to conversion metric A) and then later reach action 2 (tied to conversion metric B) I would count as one visitor and one conversion for metric A and one conversion for metric B.

If you are talking about repeat actions for the same conversion metric that depends on the reporting settings. For Target based reporting the default setting is:

2021-06-09_9-55-47.jpg

So they'll only count once per visit they enter the activity.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @antonym1,

When you say setup as goals, are you referring to separate conversion metrics? So, in the report view you have multiple metrics in the report metrics drop-down? If so, then yes, a single visitor could trigger multiple conversions for different conversion metrics. If I enter a test and reach action one (tied to conversion metric A) and then later reach action 2 (tied to conversion metric B) I would count as one visitor and one conversion for metric A and one conversion for metric B.

If you are talking about repeat actions for the same conversion metric that depends on the reporting settings. For Target based reporting the default setting is:

2021-06-09_9-55-47.jpg

So they'll only count once per visit they enter the activity.

Hope that helps.