Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Multipage Activity - Unable to link different domain and content

Level 2

Hi All,

I am bit new to the Multipage activity using Visual Form.

Basically my goal is to create a test:

Default: Land on xyz.com , click on the button which takes to abc.com

Exp B: Land on xyz.com , click on the button which takes to abc.com/help + with some changes (e.g. remove few labels)

NOTE: xyz.com and abc.com are different domains.

So under Exp B, my default page is xyz.com. I scroll to the link and edit it as abc.com/help.

Clicked on Configure > Add Additional Pages.

I have included an additional page abc.com/help and made the relevant changes like removed few labels.

Now I am trying to figure out how to connect the link on Default page( abc.com/help) with the Additional Page with these changes.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

surjitp43519485​,

I would not set this up as a single test with multiple pages. Otherwise, you'll have visitors "enter" that don't even click the button and therefore do not really participate in the test, but will impact the numbers of your test.

1. I'd setup a "helper" activity to change the button link, adding some query param to the link for the entry conditions of the real test.
  2. Setup a second activity (the real AB test) - use XT type, create an audience for the default link, and an audience for the exp B link. On exp B you make the content changes to the page. Add your metrics and here you'll have reporting that only applies to people who actually participate in the test.

The helper does your traffic splitting and allows you to modify the button links without using a redirect test.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

surjitp43519485​,

What an interesting problem to solve. Here is how I would do it.

1. Create an audience that looks for xyz.com in the referrer. Lets call it audience1

2. Create an activity on abc.com that uses audience1 as the pre-qualifier.

Let me know if this makes sense or if you need me to go into more detail.

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Thanks for the prompt response.

Here are the actual steps I followed:

1. I created an audience using Create Audience > Traffic Sources > Referring Landing Page URL : Equals: xyz.com
  2. Created an activity on abc.com/help.
  3. On Experience B > Configure > Audiences > Multiple Audience.
  4. Add Audience and Included the xyz.com referred audience.
  5. Removed the All Visitor (Default) Audience under Experience B.

Now before pushing it live, I want to test this in dev/qa mode.

So how do I get the test URL, where xyz.com refers to abc.com/help instead of abc.com (which is the default one) ?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

surjitp43519485​,

I would not set this up as a single test with multiple pages. Otherwise, you'll have visitors "enter" that don't even click the button and therefore do not really participate in the test, but will impact the numbers of your test.

1. I'd setup a "helper" activity to change the button link, adding some query param to the link for the entry conditions of the real test.
  2. Setup a second activity (the real AB test) - use XT type, create an audience for the default link, and an audience for the exp B link. On exp B you make the content changes to the page. Add your metrics and here you'll have reporting that only applies to people who actually participate in the test.

The helper does your traffic splitting and allows you to modify the button links without using a redirect test.