Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

In an A/B test - How to set up the timing value into the Variation ?

Level 2

Hi, I would like to display every day during a  specific Time Frame i.e (from 6 am to 4 pm) a modified Form Filed design experience, vs the current one running all day. How should I set up in Target, the timing switch functionality within the new variation experience? it's the A/B the ideal activity to use in this case?  Thank you so much for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your requirement is not clear , based on my understanding here is my reply

time value can be set to an activity as a whole i.e. to entire A/B test , but you cannot assign a time for one of the experience with in a A/B test experiences.

In case if you want to implement this , you can create 2(or may be more than 2) XT activities , out of which assign timings in a mutual exclusive way.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Your requirement is not clear , based on my understanding here is my reply

time value can be set to an activity as a whole i.e. to entire A/B test , but you cannot assign a time for one of the experience with in a A/B test experiences.

In case if you want to implement this , you can create 2(or may be more than 2) XT activities , out of which assign timings in a mutual exclusive way.

Level 2
Your comment helped me a lot for what I was looking for. Thank you!!

Level 6

@Dsantoro If you are looking to A/b test during the time period, then create the a/b experience and when you get to the "Targeting" step in the three step workflow, the step where you change the traffic split for the activity, click the three dots and select replace audience. You can then create an audience and use the Time Frame attribute. Then add the start and end time and the days of the week. This will mean you can only get into the a/b test during this time period.