Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

HTTP Status 500 - Unknown action mapping for: entity.recommendations.upload

Level 2

Hi Everyone, i have in the past created successful custom recommendations to manually override products of my choice. But in the past few weeks, when i follow this code to upload this script to add products its throwing the HTTP status 500 - unknown action mapping error. 

https://recommendations.omniture.com/rest?action=entity.recommendations.upload &client=clientCode&environmentId=184868&clientToken=51dafdf4-f825-4581-a7c0-8ce9db31bd31 &algorithmName=sampleCustomAlgorithm&recommendations=<recommendations><recommendation> <key>1</key><entityId>2</entityId><entityId>3</entityId> <entityId>4</entityId></recommendation></recommendations> 

I am literally adding my client name and defining host group as production & giving my client token & its throwing this apache error. 

Thanks, 

Sri 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Sri,

Since this a custom implementation I'd suggest you reach out to Client Care(as you've already done) and seek help from them on this. This may involve close interaction with the engineering team hence the suggestion.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 1

Communicate with the developers

Level 8

Hi Sri,

Let me check on this with the relevant team. In meanwhile can you ensure that you've referred to https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/rec/r_Uploading_Custom_Algorithm_Data.html and are passing the correct values in the fields required? One observation from this code from the looks of it would on the clientCode. Can you use the clientcode that is displayed under the client API token on the Settings page instead of the literal name add and let us know the result?

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 2

Hi Klara, by developers you  mean the consulting team? I havent found any developer info yet. 

Level 2

Thanks Nikhil, 

Yes i am referring to custom algorithm data, I am using our approriate client API token & algorithmname & parent SKUs. I sent the updated code & my client details in the Incident [Incident: 141217-000110] i launched, i just copied the template here on the forum. 

I had success Creating and uploading the algorithm (attaching success message below), but when i go to the backend and create the respective algorithm & set it live it doesn't work on the live site - meaning the entity SKUs are not displayed on the Key Item, i have listed. 

<operation>

<status>success</status>

<response>recommendations successfully uploaded</response>

</operation>

Level 8

Hi Sri,

Since you've already created a ticket I'll request you to kindly refer to the response by the ClientCare team as they are better equipped to handle this. Do let us know in case you're not getting a timely response and I'll forward it accordingly to the right team.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 2

Hi Nikhil, I just heard back from the team. Thanks! 

I am wondering if i am missing the 3rd step, as the naming and upload process is updating successful, as for the next steps, one goes to the backend on the recommendation and defines the algorithm and choice the mbox and recommendation area right?

Thanks,

Sri 

Level 8

Yes. That would be correct.

Regards

Nikhil

Level 2

Hi Nikhil, 

I have an additional question, I get this popup message "The mbox: Rec_Prod_Disp is already being used by the recommendation: PDP Right Recs. Are you sure you want to activate this recommendation group? popup when". When i am activating the custom recommendation set. But i want this new custom recommendation to sit in the exact same div as the current right rail recommendation (image & template div attached), that is displaying viewed also viewed algorithm. I am having problems doing that, whenever i go forward and hit ok to the above message the algorithm goes live but the SKU still doesnt reflect the custom SKUs of my choice. 

All i am trying to do is run viewed also viewed on all pages besides few skus in the right hand side rail area of our PDPs. We already have a MBox triggering this, obviously i will be using the same Mbox right? I was told to implement a new Mbox but this looks like is replacing the Current MBOX. Is there any conditions that i can apply to already existing PDP Rec to not be displayed on these SKUs (Where i want Custom Recs to show up)??? 

Thanks,

Sri 

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Sri,

Since this a custom implementation I'd suggest you reach out to Client Care(as you've already done) and seek help from them on this. This may involve close interaction with the engineering team hence the suggestion.

Thanks

Nikhil