Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to test Different Adobe Experience without Activity QA url?

Level 1

Hello,

I was just wondering a way to test the different experience that's setup for A/B testing in Target.

I understand that Target have provided an "Activity QA" URL which appends parameters to the site, however depending on how the Target's activity / experiment is setup, the "Activity QA" URL might not be available. For instance, if the activity is set to have one initial audience, but each location is filtered down again based on difference audience criteria, with this config we're unable to get the QA URL parameters. Most of the published/activated experiments are already configured in a way where the "Activity QA" URLs cannot be used. Screenshot attached below of what it currently shows for me.

NoActivityURL.png

Is there a way to verify and test this experiment without the QA URL parameters? For instance clearing or setting certain cookies? The way that we've been testing these are using private/incognito, but we still have to close the browser and reopen the site again to get different experiences/routes.I could see there are cookies that starts with "mbox", however clearing that out will still give me the same experience/route.

I was hoping an easier way to test all experience, because if there are more than 2 experiences/route, it's a pain closing and reopening the browser over and over again to verify all experiences

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You still will have to use incognito and try each experience separately but something that can make that testing process slightly better is by adding some query parameters to qualify for the Experience during testing. Ex: URL contains ?testExp=B, ?testExp=C etc. for different experiences. That will save you from randomly qualifying for any experience while you are testing from the incognito window. 

Remember to remove these query testing parameters after you are done with QA before launching Live activity. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @rrahardjo 

You can try using "Match audience rules to see experiences" option, which is under QA URL section.

This will generate one single URL which will work for all audiences.

For ex.

If you have 3 exp.

A-mobile audience

B-desktop audience

C-tablet audience

Then you can load same URL in mobile, desktop and tablet and see three different experiences.

For more information you can check following document.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/activities/activity-qa/activity-qa.html

Hope this helps you.

Level 1

Thanks for the reply @Gaureshk_Kodag,

However not all experience have the "Activity QA" url. As mentioned depending on how experiments/activities are configure the URL parameters might not be available.

Screenshot attached, which show this is not possible for me. I was hoping someway to clear some cookies or anything that's possible from the browser in this case.

NoActivityURL.png

Level 4

It doesn't perfectly answer your question but I found adding the following script as a browser bookmark was helpful as it allowed me to quickly exit "QA" mode while testing. 

javascript: (function () {
    if (window.location.href.indexOf('?') != -1) {
        var parts = window.location.href.split('at_preview_token', 2);
        if (parts.length > 1) {
            window.location.href = parts[0].concat('at_preview_token=');
        } else {
            window.location.href = window.location.href.concat("&at_preview_token=")
        }
    } else {
        window.location.href = window.location.href.concat("?at_preview_token=")
    }
})();

Correct answer by
Level 4

You still will have to use incognito and try each experience separately but something that can make that testing process slightly better is by adding some query parameters to qualify for the Experience during testing. Ex: URL contains ?testExp=B, ?testExp=C etc. for different experiences. That will save you from randomly qualifying for any experience while you are testing from the incognito window. 

Remember to remove these query testing parameters after you are done with QA before launching Live activity.