Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I create an activity where the default experience is the experience of another activity?

Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to create an activity where the default experience is one of the experience's from a different, currently running activity. 

Or maybe there's a better way to achieve what I want. Here's my scenario - I ran an A/B test on my homepage and the test experience won. While the development work is being done to hardcode the new design, I want to run another A/B test with the winner from the 1st test set as default.

Currently, when I try to create the 2nd test it uses my old homepage design that is being replaced, but I want to start testing the new design against other variants.

I've played with the tools and Googled a fair bit and just couldn't find an answer so any help is much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mattrothstein,

Because the content chagne delivered in Activity1 ExpB does not have a physiscal web address that you can reference as the starting point in Activity2 ExpA the best way to accomplish this is to create Activity 2 and then edit the ExpA (Default) with the same content changes which were made in Activity1 ExpB this will make it so your starting point is the modified content. The rest of the experiences can be the other variants.

Hope this helps
--Mihnea Docea

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@mattrothstein,

Because the content chagne delivered in Activity1 ExpB does not have a physiscal web address that you can reference as the starting point in Activity2 ExpA the best way to accomplish this is to create Activity 2 and then edit the ExpA (Default) with the same content changes which were made in Activity1 ExpB this will make it so your starting point is the modified content. The rest of the experiences can be the other variants.

Hope this helps
--Mihnea Docea