Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How to prioritize more than 3 Activities on one mbox

Level 1

Hi

Currently there is a slider to set a high, medium or low priority to an Activity, so if you have 3 different Activities that you might serve on a particular mbox, you can easily prioritize which Activity they will see.

However what if you have 20 Activities? It seems like the only option is to set up a series of Rules like this:

Activity A - Rule = people on list A

Activity B - Rules = people on list B but not on list A

Activity C - Rules = people on list C but not on list A and not on list B

...as the list gets longer and the qualification for each Activity isn't as simple as "people on list X" it becomes very susceptible to human error. We maintain a spreadsheet and have to have 2 people check as we add and remove Campaigns (currently using Target Classic), and there are still mistakes made every so often.

So I think this is effectively a feature request (unless there's something we can do that we haven't thought about?) - I'd like the Priority setting for Activities not to be a fixed set of 3 options, but allow me to put in an arbitrary integer. For example I might do this:

Activity A - Priority = 100

Activity B - Priority = 200

...then if I have a new Activity C to add, that needs to be above B but below A I could do this:

Activity A - Priority = 100

Activity C - Priority = 150

Activity B - Priority = 200

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Today is your lucky day! I think you will really appreciate a feature that we just recently released as part of our July, 2016 release. It looks like part of the documentation is missing from our help section (we'll update that), so I will do my best to explain here.

Go to Target > Setup > Preferences

From there, toggle the option "Enable fine-grained priorities" (see attached image for example).

If this option is enabled, you can specify a value between 0 and 999:

• 0 = Low
  • 999 = High

You can learn about how this applies within the activity settings here: 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_activity_settings.html

For more information, see the following topics:

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Today is your lucky day! I think you will really appreciate a feature that we just recently released as part of our July, 2016 release. It looks like part of the documentation is missing from our help section (we'll update that), so I will do my best to explain here.

Go to Target > Setup > Preferences

From there, toggle the option "Enable fine-grained priorities" (see attached image for example).

If this option is enabled, you can specify a value between 0 and 999:

• 0 = Low
  • 999 = High

You can learn about how this applies within the activity settings here: 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_activity_settings.html

For more information, see the following topics:

Level 1

Awesome, thanks!

doesn't look like I personally have access to the setup screen you showed, but I'll find someone who does and get it enabled