Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to prioritize more than 3 Activities on one mbox

Level 1

Hi

Currently there is a slider to set a high, medium or low priority to an Activity, so if you have 3 different Activities that you might serve on a particular mbox, you can easily prioritize which Activity they will see.

However what if you have 20 Activities? It seems like the only option is to set up a series of Rules like this:

Activity A - Rule = people on list A

Activity B - Rules = people on list B but not on list A

Activity C - Rules = people on list C but not on list A and not on list B

...as the list gets longer and the qualification for each Activity isn't as simple as "people on list X" it becomes very susceptible to human error. We maintain a spreadsheet and have to have 2 people check as we add and remove Campaigns (currently using Target Classic), and there are still mistakes made every so often.

So I think this is effectively a feature request (unless there's something we can do that we haven't thought about?) - I'd like the Priority setting for Activities not to be a fixed set of 3 options, but allow me to put in an arbitrary integer. For example I might do this:

Activity A - Priority = 100

Activity B - Priority = 200

...then if I have a new Activity C to add, that needs to be above B but below A I could do this:

Activity A - Priority = 100

Activity C - Priority = 150

Activity B - Priority = 200

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Today is your lucky day! I think you will really appreciate a feature that we just recently released as part of our July, 2016 release. It looks like part of the documentation is missing from our help section (we'll update that), so I will do my best to explain here.

Go to Target > Setup > Preferences

From there, toggle the option "Enable fine-grained priorities" (see attached image for example).

If this option is enabled, you can specify a value between 0 and 999:

• 0 = Low
  • 999 = High

You can learn about how this applies within the activity settings here: 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_activity_settings.html

For more information, see the following topics:

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Today is your lucky day! I think you will really appreciate a feature that we just recently released as part of our July, 2016 release. It looks like part of the documentation is missing from our help section (we'll update that), so I will do my best to explain here.

Go to Target > Setup > Preferences

From there, toggle the option "Enable fine-grained priorities" (see attached image for example).

If this option is enabled, you can specify a value between 0 and 999:

• 0 = Low
  • 999 = High

You can learn about how this applies within the activity settings here: 

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_activity_settings.html

For more information, see the following topics:

Level 1

Awesome, thanks!

doesn't look like I personally have access to the setup screen you showed, but I'll find someone who does and get it enabled