Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How to delete Mboxes & passed parameters created with custom code?

Level 2

While testing my personalization activity, I've created test mboxes and parameters using Adobe.target.trackEvent(). After doing this several times, I want to reduce the clutter (excess mboxes and parameters) that appears in my audience rule settings. How would I go about deleting the mboxes and passed parameters that I no longer require? Also, does there happen to be a limit on the number of mboxes that I can pass?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

@christammm There is no way available in the UI to delete the Target mboxes. If these mboxes are not getting fired anywhere, then Target would automatically remove them from the UI.

Regards,

Karan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @christammm , for now there is no way to delete mbox through Target UI

Level 2
Thank you for the reply @ambikaTewari_ATCI. Aside from manually requesting from Adobe to delete these mboxes, do you happen to know any alternatives to deleting them via the API?

Employee Advisor

Hi @christammm ,

Target automatically cleans up old mbox names, and their parameters if they are not seen again. I think it might be after 2 or 3 weeks of not seeing the mbox it gets cleared.

Community Advisor

I have been able to get the dropdowns cleaned up with a client care ticket. js functions have a bad habit of finding their way in there.

Correct answer by
Level 4

@christammm There is no way available in the UI to delete the Target mboxes. If these mboxes are not getting fired anywhere, then Target would automatically remove them from the UI.

Regards,

Karan