Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How do I create an Activity with a URL that auto-redirects???

Level 2

I am trying to create an activity on our payment page.  The url for the payment page is not complex -- it is essentially like this:

http://www.our-site.com/products/orders/payment

My problem is fairly simple. I have set this url in the Configuration>Page Delivery settings.  The VEC tries to load this page, but our website auto-redirects it to the homepage because it doesn't have any order information stored in Session Storage (which is where it would be if a user had gone through the normal process of picking a product and trying to order it).

Because the page is redirected, it seems Target freaks out and the VEC becomes useless.  It takes a long time for the VEC to "try" to load the page, then most of the links in the VEC menus seem to quit working.

So how can I set up an activity to perform some tests on our payment page?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Chris,

If you are using the VEC, from the Experiences page click the "Browse" button. You then use Browse to obtain the desired page state, then return to Compose to make a change.

See the following section from Target Documentation:
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_experiences.html

"You can also click Browse, then navigate to a page that is available from the primary page, such as a shipping page or shopping cart, and test changes on that page. You can also access page elements that are available when you hover, such as flyout menus and mini-carts. When you are finished browsing to the page, click Compose to edit the experience. For example, you might want to change the design of a shopping cart drop-down or a carousel of images. This functionality is currently available for A/B tests, A/B tests with Analytics, and experience targeting."

- Rylan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris -

Have you tried going to the site and putting something in your cart?

This approach worked for me on a Shopping Cart Test I needed to set up. The elements that were in the Test would only show up if there was something in the cart. So, I went to our site and put some stuff in my cart. Then, when I opened Target to work on the Test, the shopping cart that I created earlier populated in the VEC so I could manipulate the elements.

Thanks -

Sarah

Level 2

So if I am following you, your suggestion is to use the same browser that I have Target open in, right?  Therefore, the SessionStorage values may get selected when the VEC tries to load the page?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Chris,

If you are using the VEC, from the Experiences page click the "Browse" button. You then use Browse to obtain the desired page state, then return to Compose to make a change.

See the following section from Target Documentation:
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_experiences.html

"You can also click Browse, then navigate to a page that is available from the primary page, such as a shipping page or shopping cart, and test changes on that page. You can also access page elements that are available when you hover, such as flyout menus and mini-carts. When you are finished browsing to the page, click Compose to edit the experience. For example, you might want to change the design of a shopping cart drop-down or a carousel of images. This functionality is currently available for A/B tests, A/B tests with Analytics, and experience targeting."

- Rylan

Level 2

SarahEOwen, I tried out your suggestion, but it didn't work.  I am about to try rylanf's suggestion.

Level 2

rylanf --

Thanks for the instructions!  This seems to be exactly what I needed to know.