Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I create an Activity with a URL that auto-redirects???

Level 2

I am trying to create an activity on our payment page.  The url for the payment page is not complex -- it is essentially like this:

http://www.our-site.com/products/orders/payment

My problem is fairly simple. I have set this url in the Configuration>Page Delivery settings.  The VEC tries to load this page, but our website auto-redirects it to the homepage because it doesn't have any order information stored in Session Storage (which is where it would be if a user had gone through the normal process of picking a product and trying to order it).

Because the page is redirected, it seems Target freaks out and the VEC becomes useless.  It takes a long time for the VEC to "try" to load the page, then most of the links in the VEC menus seem to quit working.

So how can I set up an activity to perform some tests on our payment page?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Chris,

If you are using the VEC, from the Experiences page click the "Browse" button. You then use Browse to obtain the desired page state, then return to Compose to make a change.

See the following section from Target Documentation:
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_experiences.html

"You can also click Browse, then navigate to a page that is available from the primary page, such as a shipping page or shopping cart, and test changes on that page. You can also access page elements that are available when you hover, such as flyout menus and mini-carts. When you are finished browsing to the page, click Compose to edit the experience. For example, you might want to change the design of a shopping cart drop-down or a carousel of images. This functionality is currently available for A/B tests, A/B tests with Analytics, and experience targeting."

- Rylan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Chris -

Have you tried going to the site and putting something in your cart?

This approach worked for me on a Shopping Cart Test I needed to set up. The elements that were in the Test would only show up if there was something in the cart. So, I went to our site and put some stuff in my cart. Then, when I opened Target to work on the Test, the shopping cart that I created earlier populated in the VEC so I could manipulate the elements.

Thanks -

Sarah

Level 2

So if I am following you, your suggestion is to use the same browser that I have Target open in, right?  Therefore, the SessionStorage values may get selected when the VEC tries to load the page?

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Chris,

If you are using the VEC, from the Experiences page click the "Browse" button. You then use Browse to obtain the desired page state, then return to Compose to make a change.

See the following section from Target Documentation:
https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/c_experiences.html

"You can also click Browse, then navigate to a page that is available from the primary page, such as a shipping page or shopping cart, and test changes on that page. You can also access page elements that are available when you hover, such as flyout menus and mini-carts. When you are finished browsing to the page, click Compose to edit the experience. For example, you might want to change the design of a shopping cart drop-down or a carousel of images. This functionality is currently available for A/B tests, A/B tests with Analytics, and experience targeting."

- Rylan

Level 2

SarahEOwen, I tried out your suggestion, but it didn't work.  I am about to try rylanf's suggestion.

Level 2

rylanf --

Thanks for the instructions!  This seems to be exactly what I needed to know.