Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

How come we have more orders than visitors and visits in Adobe Target activity report?

Level 3

As per https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/activities/priority.html?lang=en, a visitor only stays in an A/B test until it converts. If this is true, how come we see more orders than visitors in an A/B test that is set up with a primary goal as Revenue? Our revenue gets tracked along with order in Adobe Analytics.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @emmak109 ,

You can use the 3rd option on my screenshot, however, it is not applicable to A4T.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

In the title you mention "more orders than visitors" but in the description you mention "more visitors than orders", could you clarify which it is?

Community Advisor

Dear @emmak109 ,

The statement 'If the visitor is already in an A/B test or Multivariate Test, they will match into that test until they convert.' is valid if the visitor is qualified for multiple activities running in the URL i.e. Target attempts to match the visitor into activities when multiple activities are returned.

For the rest, keeping or releasing the visitor based on the conversion is based on how you set up the activity (In advanced settings of A/B Testing).

The default is 'Increment Count and Keep User in the Activity' i.e. They can place more than 1 order for the experience shown.

PratheepArunRaj_0-1692800049025.png

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 3

Thank you Pradeep. 

If I don't want to include same user again in my A/B test:

1. What setting should I use?

2. Currently, we are relying heavily on A4T reporting and I'm worried this setting won't be carried over to A4T reports?

Is there a workaround? I don't want to recount the users since that would mean I'm introducing bias to my test - one the violations of key assumption in A/B test.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear @emmak109 ,

You can use the 3rd option on my screenshot, however, it is not applicable to A4T.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics